Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
obber

Flakiness/Dryness around acne?

I'm 2 weeks into the regimen and it's not exactly been the most encouraging 2 weeks, but I'm still stickin' with it. I have a few questions though...

First, why does my skin only get flaky or there are patches of dryness on my skin in the morning, after I wake up from my sleep? My skin is not like this before I wash my face at night, only in the morning.

Second, why does the patches of dryness only show up circling my acne? I am not flaky anywhere else. Just have these random patches of dryness right next to my pimples.

I have mostly (many) papules/pustules and 1 active cyst currently.

I would greatly appreciate any answer!

ive been on the regimen only 2 weeks aswell, and the exact same thing happens to me.. both the dry skin only when i wake up and only around my active acne.

i think its just our faces rubbing on our pillows at night that make some of our flaky skin even more noticable.. but as for the dry skin just around the acne, wish i knew. its a pain in the butt. its been getting better tho with the jojoba oil mask/scrub, and applying a bit of that before bp. you should give it a try! :)

I've experienced the same thing. Mine is reeeally dry all over. I almost quit the regimen but its been clearing me up so I decided to stick with it. Just give it time so your skin can adjust to the BP.

been on the regimen for a good 3 weeks now.. I also experienced the flakiness as well. Its basically caused from the BP drying out your skin. I read somewhere on here to apply jojoba oil before and after you wash your face, it will help relieve the dryness/flakes throughout the day. Then just moisturize as usual and you should be good to go :dance:

Thanks flakes&pains!

(haha your name..)

I also heard about the jojoba oil and since I had some handy cause I bought the kit + jojoba oil as I started the regimen so I tried it! It seems to be working a little bit better.

How long did it take you to work up to 2 full pumps of bp? or the finger length?

I'm at about 1/3 of a finger because I went too quckly up to 3/4 of a finger and backed down and going to work up very slowly. I'm in my 3rd week of the regimen. day 2 to be exact.

Thanks flakes&pains!

(haha your name..)

I also heard about the jojoba oil and since I had some handy cause I bought the kit + jojoba oil as I started the regimen so I tried it! It seems to be working a little bit better.

How long did it take you to work up to 2 full pumps of bp? or the finger length?

I'm at about 1/3 of a finger because I went too quckly up to 3/4 of a finger and backed down and going to work up very slowly. I'm in my 3rd week of the regimen. day 2 to be exact.

i think its different for others as it is for you. our skin is all different. im into my 3rd week aswell, day 5. im at the full finger length and have been since the start of week 3. the jojoba oil made me able to do that tho. otherwise my face would have never been able to handle the redness or dryness.

Im currently at a full finger length and i dont get that burning feeling as to when i first started, but yes we are all different. The skin has to pretty much build a tolerance to the BP and the joba certainly helps