Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
knicks3

newb needs help with identifying scars?

Hi everyone,

I am a 32 yr old male who has had cystic to moderate acne for as long as I can remember. I have of course been on everything short of accutane.

My question is this, since I turned 30 my acne has changed, I get these swellings, like a cyst but they scar. They somtimes never really go all the way back down. I also get red spots left over from acne. Third, I get repeat pimples and cysts which I guess I've always had but now it seems like a fight a zit for a month or more and they just reapeat over and over.

Im want to try some kind of SA mask maybe, do you think it would help? I mean of course would it help flatten some of these bumps and reduce my break outs?

I am on benzmyacin and the regiman now. I even use tree oil, nothing helps.

thx

If you want long-term results, you'd have to go on Accutane. Short-term, I'd prob. go with Doxycycline 100 MG (Antibiotic).

not sounding rude, but these kinds of posts discourage me. I am 24 now, and have had acne since i was 16. i was thinking i am almost done with this crap, but i have seen alot of posts with people having acne in their 30s. i am soooo scared.

SA is just great. It is great, it eliminates the black heads on my face, the occasional zits I get, everything. Salicylic acid rules, you really have to give it a try.

koreaacne, you could always look at it like they will come up with new treatments in time. If I was 24 and I had major acne, I would go on accutane. I am 32 and married so I will exhaust all possibilities before that.

I think I will try the SA peel. I have nothing to lose.

i`m 24 also and have been on Accutane twice which incidently did nothing at all besides make my acne scar and my dermatologist richer (THANKS ACCUTANE).

I`ve also been dealing with this since i was 16 and have exhausted all the damn meds...my acne isn`t bad but it is noticeable and it gets on my nerves a bit.

Check out the thread called SA gets no respect.

We have been talking about SA peels a lot there, lots of info for you.

biggrin.gif