Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey guys im going to starting accutane 24th augest so i want to be prepared before taking them. Im going to swap my foundation for a new one as accutane dries your skin. What foundation did you use whilst on accutane and for what skin type? oily? combination or dry skin? this would be a great help. x

hey i've been on accutane now for two weeks, and i haven't changed makeup (or needed to). i use mineral powder foundation called youngblood, to be honest i don't think a thick or heavy foundation would be beneficial. just being nice to your skin (i know i am trying to :)

maybe wait a couple of weeks and then see if you need to buy new products?

thats my only advice.

I'm on day 11 of accutane and so far i havent changed any of my makeup. Actually i am trying to not even wear foundation. only concealer and blush.

The best makeup is one with the least amount of fillers and chemicals. I agree with jennyband that mineral makeup is best, I contribute the switch of all my products to natural ones one of the biggest reasons my face cleared up. I use a natural/organic brand mineral makeup that only has 4 ingredients. Less really is more with acne. Just beware of Bare Escentuals or any of the MMU brands that use bismuth oxychloride, this has a high allergy rating that can actually cause acne. If you find a good brand it can actually help a lot with keeping inflammation down and reducing redness. Liquids are better for dry skin in general but many of them really contain too many chemicals, fillers that can break you out.

Also remeber if you go on antibiotics, you need to be taking a probiotic as this kills off all bacteria (good and bad) you need the good bacteria to keep the harmful bacteria at bay. If you don't you can get issues like candida (fungal infection) that actually can make acne much worse. I am also a big advocate on using a natural/organic skincare regimen. I have used everything from Clinique, Proactive, Murad, Mary Kay, Neutrogena, Cetaphil etc etc, nothing has done my skin as much good as being kind to it and taking a less is more approach. Good LUck!

Edited by leighbrack2

Thanks girls. I heard youngblood is really good! cheryl cole uses it! but soo expensive i may have to invest :P im just going to stick with my usual makeup as i have no clue what my skin will be like! I also tried Bare Escentuals which broke me out really bad! left me with all these tiny bumps which rose to the surface! not a good look at all. Im using an no7 intelligent mousse foundation at the moment which i feel safe with but may switch to more natural products. I heard lily loo mineral makes good? if any of you have tried that? and do you recommend me buying probiotic tablets during accutane? xx

Good luck to you all too xx