Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
moonchild706

candida diet - need all the advice i can get

I am 20 years old and have had mild to moderate acne since i was 13, but 4 months ago (march) it suddenly became very severe. I had been mostly gluten free for 2 months before that and stopped consuming soy around that time as well. I was hoping the outbreak was a purge from the gluten free diet, but i had tried g/f before for only a few weeks at a time and nothing like this has ever happened. I got some hormone tests through my dermatologist and everything was very normal, so i really don't know what's causing this. I am finally seeing a naturopath next week :dance: and she said i should keep a diet log. I thought it would be useful to log other things like what supplements i am taking and what i'm using on my skin, etc. I have been writing this down for a few days but i think it will be easier on here, plus maybe someone will read it and magically tell me why my face has exploded and how to fix this! at least it may help me see some correlations between diet/exercise/etc and my acne.

my suspicion is that its probably related to diet (maybe candida?? i have to do research and figure out what that is exactly) but that its also related to high stress/anxiety levels. I am trying to meditate every day and work on controlling my stress and being a happier person, because i think that this severe outbreak may be my body telling me that i have to chill out a bit

Also, i just got back from a month in Costa Rica doing an ecology internship and my skin is suuuupppper sensitive from all the sun i suppose. i wore sunscreen but i also sweated quite a bit. i took probiotics every day while i was there. While i was there i used cetaphil cleanser day and night and duac gel at night. However, i am not going to use duac anymore because i know how bad benzol peroxide is for my skin..its just so tempting! but i had it there and it did help to clear it up for the time being.

Edit: so, instead of sleeping i spent a few hours researching candida and i have so many of the symptoms that it seems very likely to be the cause of my acne outbreak. i suspect when i went gluten free this angered the beast and created a severe acne reaction...does this seem plausible?? i really hope so because i would LOVE for this to go away simply by not eating sugar anymore! Well, i know its a lot more complicated than that...i will start a candida killing diet tomorrow and hopefully there will be results. unfortunately, it took me a while to figure this out and i have some pretty nasty scars all over my face but those can be dealt with later :) If anyone has any advice about candida killing diets, please let me know as this is all brand new information for me. To think, my derm would have had me on accutane and antibiotics and for all the harm they would have done the candida would have persisted. screw western medicine, seriously!

Tuesday August 3rd :

began using JASON herbal face wash ; began using Tamanu Oil

Supplements:

Pro-biotics; zinc 50 mg; 5HHTP; chinese herbals from my acupuncturist (to dispel heat and wind); multivitamin; B vitamins supplement; Fish oil; marijuana (not a daily supplement)

Food: grits, didnt write down the rest

Exercise: Yoga, hiked in woods with my dog; biking

skin is still sensitive and irritated but looking better

Wednesday August 4th

JASON wash and Tamanu oil

same supplements; had acupuncture in the afternoon

food: grits;herbal tea;gluten free pizza (last hurrah before i go lactose free)

exercise: biking, walk dog in woods; yoga; sex

Thursday August 5th

woke up: 2 pm bed: 3 am

JASON facewash in AM and burts bees oil-based scrub in PM; Tamanu oil AM and PM

same supplements

food: grits; potatoes; green beans; sushi (1 roll salmon/avacado/cucumber w/ brown rice); chocolate (gave me a tummy ache)

exercise: yoga; walk dog; biking

tamanu oil seems to be helping with inflammation but leaves dry patches

Friday August 6th

wake up: 11 am bed: 2:30 am

JASON wash/BB and Tamanu Oil in the afternoon

went to the dermatologist in the AM and got some cortisone injections

same supplements plus vitamin C

food: grits; peach "cobbler" (w/ g/f oats); salad w/ balsamic vinegar and oil; brown rice w/ kale and raw garlic (raw garlic made me nauseous i think); a little chocolate (85% dark); apple and almond butter

exercise: biking - muscles are feeling pretty sore! short walk w/ dog

scars/red marks on forhead (no actives there) are starting to look a lot better! cheek/jaw area is really swollen and irritated :( but had a very happy day, emotions were calm.

Saturday August 7th

wake up: 2 pm bed: 3 am ish (when i'm done with this i guess)

JASON wash and exfoliated with st. Ives scrub in shower, rubbed a green tea bag on face; Tamanu Oil

same supplements including vit C

food: grits; rice/kale; greek salad; corn chips; chocolate; apple; decaf green tea

skin is looking better, the inflammation is way down on both sides but there are lotsss of red marks :( 2 new inflamed areas on chin but they dont look like theyll be around for verry long. overall skin definitely seems to be getting better. Really good day, got a little irritated at my sister but otherwise i was pretty happy, played with my friends new puppy :). boyfriend went away for a few days :(

not much exercise today, walked around town a lot with friends but otherwise giving my muscles time to recoop!

planning on researching an anti-candida diet, although its hard to find non-industrial meat here and i cant eat eggs unless i know the chickens weren't fed a soy feed..bleh! but i'll see what i can do. i might just do an apple cleanse or something and see how that goes. gotta spend a little more time on this website :)

Edited by moonchild706

OK! so after researching all night (i have a great sleep schedule..yay college lol) i decided to start the candida killing diet today, and since i'm going to the naturopath on saturday she can do tests to see if it is in fact whats going on with my body. i really hope it is because its the only thing that has made so much sense thus far.

so, day 1 of candida killing!

ate 3 scrambles eggs with sauteed sundried tomatoes and onions and raw garlic

went to yoga, it was very relaxing :)

5 ounces of grassfed ground beef (15% fat) with SDT, onions and raw garlic (i know SDT arent supposed to be there but i do need to enjoy my food as well! i may cut them out when i have some more sophisticated cooking skills and after talking to my doctor or doing more research)

then i took a 4 hour nap..oops!

spoonful of almond butter with roasted flax seeds; spoonful of apple cider vinegar

2 raw cacao beans (is this ok? i am a chocoholic and i happen to have these from costa rica. i thought they may be ok to eat because they've been fermented and have no sugar added and LOTS of antioxidants, but i'm not sure if they say "no chocolate" b/c of the sugar or b/c of the cacao constituents or something)

i also had some Yogi Detox tea (no honey or sugar) and i plan on making a spinach/broccoli salad with a little smoked salmon.

i wore mineral make-up for the first time in a long while today, and when the pigmentation is covered up my skin is really looking a bit better, probably thanks to the tamanu oil (which really is amazing! some of my scars are already fading) and the cortizone injections the other day. but my cheek/jaw area is pretty scarred up and flaky/scaly/hard to cover up, but its healing! the new pimples on my chin were pretty inflamed today but after my nap they seemed better. i only have maybe less than 8 inflamed actives right now and only 3 or 4 of them are recently new, which is AMAZING for how things have been going! my skin did seem to look better after my nap, definitely because i needed the rest but maybe also because of the lack of sugar today? time will tell

washed my face with OCM today then applied tamanu oil (this stuff is AMAZING- even with my bad skin, my yoga instructor commented that i looked "glowy" the day after i started using it. it is so much better than jojoba oil..havent tried coconut oil yet though)

i am going to soak some almonds and cashews tonight - questions: does it matter if you soak them in warm or cold water? do you have to dry them off in the sun or the oven after you soak them or do you eat them soaked? and how long do they stay for once they are soaked? do i need to soak some every night or can i soak them all and eat them over the course of a few days? guess this will be a fun experiment :)

also, i got some organic virgin coconut oil today but it was so hot out that its totally liquid, so i didnt eat any yet but maybe i'll put some on my salad instead of EVOO.

i am very excited to see how this progresses :) i have hope for the first time in a while! :) even if no one reads or replies to this thanks to everyone else who has posted their experiences with this diet and with acne in general because its been really really helpful for me this summer. i will try to figure out how to post pictures on of these days because i've been keeping a photo log for about a month now. not too fun for me to look at yet but hopefully it will be improving soon :)

i'll try not to make all my posts so long lol!!

Edited by moonchild706

day 2

today i ate pretty much the same things i ate yesterday, and i also soaked some almonds and cashews overnight...drying them was difficult...after doing some more research i may find a replacement for that like seeds or brazil nuts...not sure.

This morning my hands were literally shaking untill i ate eggs, which was a strange feeling for me, but for the rest of the day my energy level has been pretty good, and i havent had any serious cravings unless i'm looking at corn or corn chips etc, or after i eat and i want something sweet. but i have been keeping busy and trying to keep my mind off of food.

i was at the doctor today and almost started to cry for like NO reason..and i'm not pmsing. very strange.

My skin is still pretty bad. I was wrong last night when i said there were only 8 actives, its more like 15-20 but thats still better than its been, they are clustered around my jaw now instead of my cheeks so i pay less attention and dont pick at these ones at all. some of those are becoming more inflamed, some less. but i definitely have to stop picking, its just difficult.

i have extra virgin coconut oil and i dont think it ever gets solid. weird. but i love it i could totally eat spoonfuls of it :) coconuts are my favorite thing to eat.

went to yoga and did a 30 minute meditation afterwards, took same suppliments as usual (adding internal ACV to my daily supps) and tonight i am planning on exfoliating my face gently, putting on a honey mask and maybe taking a warm sea salt bath and relaxinggg

right now, i am feeling fniardhigfewndkj but tomorrows a new day

edit. so, i got really frustrated at how much my skin sucks and i put duac gel on some of the bad pimples, which will hopefully help but i know its not very good for my skin in the long run. blah. probably not that bad but i'm dissapointed in myself. i also had a carrot in my salad....its pretty funny when a CARROT is "cheating"

Edited by moonchild706

has anyone vomited as a result of die off? today i ate 2 eggs in the am and then when i got home i took a nap in the afternoon which went longer than i thought. when i woke up i was feeling really weird and i figured it was because i hadnt eaten in 7 hours and my last meal was pretty small, but i could hardly stand. i had a few spoonfuls of yogurt to bring up my blood sugar and tried to eat a few nuts to give me the energy to actually make some real food, but they were really hard to get down. then i threw up and have done that like 4 times since :(. i did eat a lot of coconut oil yesterday but i was feeling fine this morning. does this sound like its related to the diet? maybe i just have a stomache virus..not sure. i ate some brown rice when i was feeling a little better which i am dissapointed about but i was so hungry and it seemed like what my stomache could handle ATM. oh well. anyone else had similar experiences at the beginning of their diet? today was day 3 for me.

i washed my face with a new cleanser - avalon organics vitamin c - and i like it better than the jason because it is soap free and much gentler. thats really all i did today because i was feeling so bad but my skin is not doing worse than yesterday which is good at least. i am considering eating some fruits untill i go to the naturopath because, while i have a lott of the more generalized candida symtoms i dont have any of the fungal symptoms - i've never had athletes foot or a yeast infection or thrush. i did get scarlett fever like 7 times as a child which is related to strep but idk. i got antibiotics each time so that could have caused a canida problem, and i am sensitive to penecillin and have anxiety and acne and insomnia and neck/shoulder pain and my neutrophils (type of white blood cell that is responsible for killing candida and other things) showed up high on my blood test. but idk how to conclude all that info. maybe i will try to stick it out until i go because then if i do have it at least i have a head start. i just wish i knew why i got sick :( i asked on another blog so hopefully someone will know.

has anyone vomited as a result of die off? today i ate 2 eggs in the am and then when i got home i took a nap in the afternoon which went longer than i thought. when i woke up i was feeling really weird and i figured it was because i hadnt eaten in 7 hours and my last meal was pretty small, but i could hardly stand. i had a few spoonfuls of yogurt to bring up my blood sugar and tried to eat a few nuts to give me the energy to actually make some real food, but they were really hard to get down. then i threw up and have done that like 4 times since :(. i did eat a lot of coconut oil yesterday but i was feeling fine this morning. does this sound like its related to the diet? maybe i just have a stomache virus..not sure. i ate some brown rice when i was feeling a little better which i am dissapointed about but i was so hungry and it seemed like what my stomache could handle ATM. oh well. anyone else had similar experiences at the beginning of their diet? today was day 3 for me.

i washed my face with a new cleanser - avalon organics vitamin c - and i like it better than the jason because it is soap free and much gentler. thats really all i did today because i was feeling so bad but my skin is not doing worse than yesterday which is good at least. i am considering eating some fruits untill i go to the naturopath because, while i have a lott of the more generalized candida symtoms i dont have any of the fungal symptoms - i've never had athletes foot or a yeast infection or thrush. i did get scarlett fever like 7 times as a child which is related to strep but idk. i got antibiotics each time so that could have caused a canida problem, and i am sensitive to penecillin and have anxiety and acne and insomnia and neck/shoulder pain and my neutrophils (type of white blood cell that is responsible for killing candida and other things) showed up high on my blood test. but idk how to conclude all that info. maybe i will try to stick it out until i go because then if i do have it at least i have a head start. i just wish i knew why i got sick :( i asked on another blog so hopefully someone will know.

You feel achey but do you feel fatigued? Fatigue and feeling very cold was one of my biggest problems all this time. I used to come home from school and sleep in front of my space heater during the winter. I thought I had anemia for a long time but I had blood tests and I was astounded to find I was in fact not anemic. Nor did I have thyroid problems, abnormal estrogen levels, abnormal cholesterol, etc. I think the easiest way to tell if you have candida is by looking...at your stool. Usually after eating any typical sugary food you'd have seen strings or something close to it in your stool. Other times you might see white specks. Most people crave sugar/carbs. I'm not sure how anyone wouldn't unless my own case is significantly selective...

I never had insomnia until I started the diet. Foggy head, irritability, BAD digestion. I've experienced blurry vision even. Bloating, trouble concentrating, mood swings, OCD, itchy skin ***

You will most likely have candida to some degree but no necessarily a harmful amount. I'm not sure how a naturopath tests for candida overgrowth nor have I ever been to one. I wish I could visit one to see what they're really about. I'm not sure if I'd trust them until I went to one.

You feel achey but do you feel fatigued? Fatigue and feeling very cold was one of my biggest problems all this time. I used to come home from school and sleep in front of my space heater during the winter. I thought I had anemia for a long time but I had blood tests and I was astounded to find I was in fact not anemic. Nor did I have thyroid problems, abnormal estrogen levels, abnormal cholesterol, etc. I think the easiest way to tell if you have candida is by looking...at your stool. Usually after eating any typical sugary food you'd have seen strings or something close to it in your stool. Other times you might see white specks. Most people crave sugar/carbs. I'm not sure how anyone wouldn't unless my own case is significantly selective...

I never had insomnia until I started the diet. Foggy head, irritability, BAD digestion. I've experienced blurry vision even. Bloating, trouble concentrating, mood swings, OCD, itchy skin ***

You will most likely have candida to some degree but no necessarily a harmful amount. I'm not sure how a naturopath tests for candida overgrowth nor have I ever been to one. I wish I could visit one to see what they're really about. I'm not sure if I'd trust them until I went to one.

yeah i have definitely felt fatigued for a while, i thought i was anemic as well and i have suspected that i was having a relapse of mono like 3 times in the past 6 months because i just get SO tired sometimes. i wish i paid more attention to how certain foods affect my skin/mood/energy etc. but thats what this log is for lol

but yeah i dont think my candida is way out of control yet but bad enough that when i stopped eating gluten it reduced my intake of sugar/grains enough to cause some die off, and maybe just purging of toxins as well? idk its been a while. my tongue has gotten a whitish fuzz since i started this diet and it feels a little weird atm. i dont think i'm craving sugar yet as much as just wanting the foods because im used to eating them..like rice with my veggies or something.

i'll let you know how the naturopath goes. after going to like 4 different types of doctors this summer i'm pretty excited to finally go to a holistically oriented one who will hopefully listen to me.

just a quick update for my log:

have been eating free range chicken/eggs/grassfedbeef/activated nuts/veggies for the past 2 days. ate a bannana day after sick and a g/f thing that had sugar in it tonight (bleh) but have been getting a few spoonfulls of coconut oil and some raw garlic every day (garlic gives me a stomache ache) and my skin looks pretttty terrible and ive been picking..mlehh. have been yoging/biking. forgot to take supplements today. used a honey mask the other day which calmed skin a bit. trader joes moisturizer made it itchy..should stick with tamanu oil or jojoba. feeling sort of sad/embarrassed about skin lately but meditation is getting better and general mood is ok.

went to a naturopath today and she did biofeedback testing which is AMAZING although i have no idea how it works. pretty much this machine listens to your bodys electromagnetic impulses or something and reads what is stressing it out the most, it was very accurate i think. i do have some candida but a bigger problem for me is that my liver is not working properly and i have a lot of chemical toxins, she thinks due to the hep A and B vaccinations i received in the past year and a half. she gave me a homeopathic detox thing and digestive enzymes and i'm taking liver-support supplements like milk thistle and dandelion root. currently i am just eating vegetables and a small amount of brown rice or quinoi plus a protein drink that she gave me for the next ten days, and then i am going to start introducing other foods to see how i react to them. not a very fun process especially since i start school in like 2 weeks, but it will be very good to see . i am getting pretty depressed about my skin, especially the scars...they're pretty terrible. i dont know what to do really. i want to go see some friends tonight but i really dont want to see them when i look like this. i know i should stay positive but its really hard sometimes. hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Hey :),

Oh gawd I know how frustrating this diet is....ugh, I have been on it for a month and a half, STRICTLY. I have not cheated once. I'm quite proud of myself :) haha, however I am also clueless as to how long I need to be on it... I am thinking 3-4 months. I think I am also going to go to a naturopathic doctor just to get some stuff checked out.... maybe test my blood for yeasties floating around.... the last time I went he took a blood sample and showed me the yeast particcles in my blood under a microscope...ewwwwwwww.... so I'll let you know how that goes.

I also believe my liver is effed up... probably from vaccines and being on the BCP for so long. What are we supposed to do about vaccinces though?? If we go to other countries that we could contract diseases, we need to get vaccinated. There;s no way around it, unless you dont go haha. Anyway, after I am done this candida cleanse... or during the last month, I am going to do a liver flush. And then I'll probably do one once every few months after that. I think it's important to keep you liver healthy. Gawd I dont know if I'll ever get drunk again, such an awesome feeling... but is it worth it?? Maybe when I get my liver healthy again... it will be able to handle some alcohol haha.

Anyway! Keep us posted! Good luck with everything!

This advice is from personal experience , I used to have huge cystic acne my face, not a lot of them just two, what ever I used in the face wouldn´t work, it just would came back again. I have a healthy life style , i train 5 times a week and try not to eat junk food.

One day in the gym I did a bet with a friend of mine to see who would get better abs.

So I started a diet with almost no carbs, the only carbs I would eat would be from the bread of a chicken sandwich at lunch. The rest of the meals were just loads of vegetables and fish or chicken. It was quite hard to follow , but after 4 weeks my face was compeletly clear. My goal was to get some abs and it did work but also clear my face better than any product I ever try. Just don´t forget to take some vitamins and Calcium supplement.

I believe the reason why it works is because when you have low blood sugar your body starts producing cortisol, and cortisol has anti-inflammatory effects. I would eat at least 200 g of protein ,

just to keep the muscle but I weight 200 pounds. I believe the secret is to keep your insulin down,

The last month I started eating loads of carbs again, and some cakes on the weekend, after one week of this , my face is already with spots again so I started yesterday my diet again to see if I get better. If I do I´ll post again.

tdot - haha yeah, she said that if i am ever due for another shot to talk to her because theres some test or something you can do to d setermine if you really need it or not, i forgot what its called but i'll ask next time i go. wow i had no idea the yeast is actually in your blood..that brings it to a whole new level! but i think its really important to get your liver healthy, its the main detoxifying mechanism for the body and if it doesn't work properly, those toxins are going to "break out" somewhere else lol. My naturopath said to even boil the alcohol out of my herbal tincture so i don't stress my liver, so yeah i guess no drinking for quite a while lol! a liver flush is definitely a good idea and a healthy liver should certainly have no problem dealing with a reasonable amount of alcohol. ours are probably just a litttttllle overwhelmed right now though.

jacsk, yeah it definitely makesense that carbs and blood sugar spikes cause acne. when you stopped eating carbs, did your skin get worse then better or just better? thats awesome that it worked for you. what do you use to wash your face?

So i've been cheating quite a bit since i visited the naturopath because she told me i could eat any vegetables and some rice or corn, and not to eat meat. so i was planning on just eating a TINY bit of rice and just good (low GI) veggies but i totally ate carrots and potatoes and corn..uh oh. i only have a week left of this vegan nonsense (no offense to any veggies out there) so ill just have to deal with eating nothing but broccoli and beets until then lol. ah my skin is already getting worse..stupid potatoes.

i have been pretty down about my skin because its been super inflamed lately and is now covering the entire right side of my face and is under my jaw and on my neck and i feel completely disfigured..sometimes it looks ok with makeup on but often its just so bumpy and lumpy i feel like i dont even look human anymore. but i've been trying to meditate every day and get less caught up in my emotions because that just makes everything worse. haha well now i really wish i didnt eat those potatoes today but it was on an empty stomache so maybe i digested them before they got to the yeast :liar: .

hhaa..so i just realized that a lot of us on this site don't just have acne, we have some pretty serious medical problems, and many of us have lifestyles that are considered healthy. it is so ridiculous that a "normal" lifestyle, even a "healthy" one results in things like stressed livers and under/overactive thyroids and candida overgrowth and having tons of chemicals in your body (the biofeedback test said that i have dioxin and formaldehyde and all kinds of other nasty chemicals in my body..WHERE DID THEY COME FROM?! formaldehyde is in the hep A vaccine). And we think there's something wrong with us when really its this fucking lifestyle and society that's causing this dysfunction, and its soo difficult to escape! things like eating are so difficult - we cant eat like 1/2 the food in the US because its glutenous/candida-feeding, and the other half is mostly tortured or full of chemicals or shipped 2,000 miles around the world or radiated or something that makes it morally/nutritionally bad. food, water, air, soil, everything is polluted, even our bodies! and dioxin stays in breast fat and if you have a child they get a nice concentrated shot of allll the chemicals you've accumulated your whole life right into their tiny little 3 pound bodies. ok well i am being a little melodramatic i guess, i just get really upset when i think about these things..they are so big and overwhelming. ill just buy local and organic and support small farmers for now lol and one day i will escape westernization and live on an island haha

does anyone know of any good natural spot treatments that work? or anything that calms irritation? i've been using aloe but its really old and CVS brand lol, maybe ill get some organic aloe.

hope everyone has a really good day today :) thanks for the support. let me know how things are going.

OH! also, what is the deal with agave? is it allowed? because if so, i found something WONDERFUL. turtle island brand makes this coconut milk ice cream (called SOdelicious or something weird like that) and it is absolutely DELICIOUS and it is dairy free gluten free and soy free. there are like...8 ingredients in it (coconut milk, agave, chicory root..other good things lol) and it is so expensive that you will savor it and eat it slowly lol. they also make a coconut milk yogurt.

today was a bad skin day. plus i saw like 4 people that i havent seen in YEARS it was pretty bad.

i really need to go food shopping so all i ate today was the protein drink from my naturopath, lots of nuts, one plate (prob 3/4 servings) of veggies, and then i caved and ate potatoes again :(. oh well..i will prepare myself better tomorrow.I also ate some coconut oil even though my naturopath wants me to eat really strictly but there was lots of white on my tongue and big bumps on the way back of it so im scared the candida is growing because of the potatoes and carrots etc.

i did a bentonite clay mask which felt great but left my skin really dry, and i moisturized with coconut oil and it feels absolutely amazing! i have always been too scared to use it, hopefully i still love it tomorrow morning lol. i also started using RX duac gel because i really needto get the bacteria and inflamation under control FAST.

ugh i have this really annoying pimple on the edge of my lip it started as a whitehead or blackhead that i tried to squeeze probably and now its huge and hasnt budged in like 4 or 5 days! blah. oh well.

my pee has been organge/pink which apparently means the detox is working. since i'm already doing a liver/kidney detox, i wonder if i should do a colon cleanse too, because i thought you were supposed to do this in a certain order? but my naturopath said to wait on the colon cleanse...weird. idk. i guess ill email her or something.

im going to lake george with my boyfriend and his parents this weekend..hopefully everything goes well. im a little worried, not to mention super embarrased about my skin.

happy thoughts

I hate that when you see people and the last time you saw them you were clear and then they see you and they are like WOAH! I am also on the candida diet.. But all I have been eating is fish/veggies/almond butter.. I have also been eating taurine and b-complex which I don't know which one is doing it's job the food or the taurine but I have no new breakouts! When I use to eat potatoes I would break out SOOOOO bad and I didn't know it was the potatoes that was causing it!! Coconut oil made my skin a lot worse when I tried it so be careful. Have fun at the lake with your boyfriend.. Hope your skin clears a little by then.

OH! also, what is the deal with agave? is it allowed? because if so, i found something WONDERFUL. turtle island brand makes this coconut milk ice cream (called SOdelicious or something weird like that) and it is absolutely DELICIOUS and it is dairy free gluten free and soy free. there are like...8 ingredients in it (coconut milk, agave, chicory root..other good things lol) and it is so expensive that you will savor it and eat it slowly lol. they also make a coconut milk yogurt.

aaaaaa noooo don't eat it. Agave is like pure fructose and it will cause you to crave sugar so badly (I've heard about that ice cream around this site). Honestly it would be better to eat ice cream made with sugar.

today was a bad skin day. plus i saw like 4 people that i havent seen in YEARS it was pretty bad.

i really need to go food shopping so all i ate today was the protein drink from my naturopath, lots of nuts, one plate (prob 3/4 servings) of veggies, and then i caved and ate potatoes again :(. oh well..i will prepare myself better tomorrow.I also ate some coconut oil even though my naturopath wants me to eat really strictly but there was lots of white on my tongue and big bumps on the way back of it so im scared the candida is growing because of the potatoes and carrots etc.

i did a bentonite clay mask which felt great but left my skin really dry, and i moisturized with coconut oil and it feels absolutely amazing! i have always been too scared to use it, hopefully i still love it tomorrow morning lol. i also started using RX duac gel because i really needto get the bacteria and inflamation under control FAST.

ugh i have this really annoying pimple on the edge of my lip it started as a whitehead or blackhead that i tried to squeeze probably and now its huge and hasnt budged in like 4 or 5 days! blah. oh well.

my pee has been organge/pink which apparently means the detox is working. since i'm already doing a liver/kidney detox, i wonder if i should do a colon cleanse too, because i thought you were supposed to do this in a certain order? but my naturopath said to wait on the colon cleanse...weird. idk. i guess ill email her or something.

im going to lake george with my boyfriend and his parents this weekend..hopefully everything goes well. im a little worried, not to mention super embarrased about my skin.

happy thoughts

Most of us on the candida diet get that white, fuzzy tongue thing. It's a symptom of detox and it goes away eventually depending on how much detoxing you have to do. Although, I would be worried if you have any little white bumps (well you said big) but I did have thrush for awhile although I only had a little bit of it, it was pretty damn annoying and painful. I could hardly taste foods and my tongue hurt. If you don't have any pain like that I wouldn't be worried.

I used a bentonite clay mask also probably 2 times while on this diet. The second time was just a test to see if it was really that bad. The first time my face got all red, dry, itchy. The second time, same thing but a little less severe and less redness. I broke out the next day...not sure if it was pulling the gunk to the surface or if it was just a coincidence or what but I'm not using it again.

I also used duac while in the midst of candida breakouts maybe 2 years ago and I think I became immune to it or something because I remember globbing it on at night and nothing. Good luck with it though.

Oh and yeah garlic gives me stomach aches too...when it's raw. I mince it with salt and take a couple cloves on a spoon in the back of my throat and my stomach usually hurts after. It's probably just some die off reaction.

Idk how I remembered all that but there ya go. Good luck with this and I hope you can get your acne under control.

today is possibly the worst day ever. ever. so, i went to the dermatologist to get some last minute cortizone injections before i go away this weekend so that my face can look somewhat normal. my regular derm wasnt in so i saw one who was there and she thought it would be a good idea to cut and drain this really big lesion that has been around for a really long time. i was really nervous about this but she assured me that it would help and would not leave big marks or scars and should be fine by tomorrow. BUT this lesion was old and had a lot of fibrous tissue, so when she cut and attempted to drain it (which = SQUEEZING THE SHIT OUT OF IT! that hurt a LOT) it just bled blood instead of pus so then i guess she cut it more and tried to squeeze more and then was like "oh well this isnt really pussy so this didnt really help, i'll give you a band aid though" and then gave me cortizone injections in other spots and then right before i left she said oh by the way that's gonna bruise. so now i have this huge hole in my face and its all bruised and its gonna take forever to heal i'm sure and its gonna scar and its horrible :( and this was supposed to make things better! so, Clovis Trembay, depending on how bad your acne is i would say no, dont trust dermatologists.

ok..well now i have to try and salvage my face and try to have fun this weekend although i'll probably just want to sit in the hotel room and cry. lovely. great.

sorry for the bitching but this SUCKS. lol. hope everyone else is doing better.

today is possibly the worst day ever. ever. so, i went to the dermatologist to get some last minute cortizone injections before i go away this weekend so that my face can look somewhat normal. my regular derm wasnt in so i saw one who was there and she thought it would be a good idea to cut and drain this really big lesion that has been around for a really long time. i was really nervous about this but she assured me that it would help and would not leave big marks or scars and should be fine by tomorrow. BUT this lesion was old and had a lot of fibrous tissue, so when she cut and attempted to drain it (which = SQUEEZING THE SHIT OUT OF IT! that hurt a LOT) it just bled blood instead of pus so then i guess she cut it more and tried to squeeze more and then was like "oh well this isnt really pussy so this didnt really help, i'll give you a band aid though" and then gave me cortizone injections in other spots and then right before i left she said oh by the way that's gonna bruise. so now i have this huge hole in my face and its all bruised and its gonna take forever to heal i'm sure and its gonna scar and its horrible :( and this was supposed to make things better! so, Clovis Trembay, depending on how bad your acne is i would say no, dont trust dermatologists.

ok..well now i have to try and salvage my face and try to have fun this weekend although i'll probably just want to sit in the hotel room and cry. lovely. great.

I hope you are feeling better.. I had one of those on my chin and I know exactly what you mean. You can't squeeze it because it's not really poppable. I never trust dermatologists! They usually just make everything worse.

I hope you are feeling better.. I had one of those on my chin and I know exactly what you mean. You can't squeeze it because it's not really poppable. I never trust dermatologists! They usually just make everything worse.

haha thanks, the bruising wasn't as bad as i thought it would be but its still there and looks pretty bad, hopefully it will go away soon though. i finally found a dermatologist that i like and who listens to me (yay) and i am on retin-a and an antibiotic (not a tetracycline) right now, which my naturopath also recommended i do because i do have a pretty severe infection at this point, but i'm going to be really hardcore about the candida diet while i'm on the antibiotics, obviously...and take probiotics. hopefully that will help to avoid the antibiotic + candida overgrowth disaster lol.

One interesting thing was that my naturopath reccomended that i start eating soy again since my outbreak was around the time i stopped eating soy, she said maybe i have an estrogen imbalance and cutting out all that estrogen from the soy messed with me, which is HILARIOUS because i stopped eating soy because i didnt want all those estrogen mimicking chemicals lol, but this is only an experiment and if the soy does help we're gonna figure out another way to stabilize my hormones.

this weekend was pretty good, my skin looked ok with makeup on so i wasnt too embarrassed to be out although i picked at it ALOT which is bad, but my boyfriend's parents commented that i seemed sad which is too bad because i thought i was acting happy and trying to have fun, guess i am pretty easy to read though. but i really did enjoy it. We ate out a lot but most of the chefs were very nice and willing to make me delicious vegetable dinners :) and i am eating meat again yay!

i decided to stop eating nuts because the other day i had walnuts as a snack and then me and my boyfriend took my dog for a walk to a farm by my house and my face got SO ITCHY it was horrible! I am not sure if its the nuts or the alpacca i had been petting but i have been getting these weird creeping feelings in my face for a while now, like...tingly but not..very strange and unsettling, so maybe those are caused by nuts, which i have been eating MUCH more of since i started this diet. i think i remember reading someone else saying they get a creeping feeling in their face but i didnt understand it until now lol..maybe it has to do with die off? ill try to figure it out, anyone have any insight?

hope everyone else had good weekends! can't beleive i'm going back to school on THURSDAY! ahh. i just packed everything up, my room looks so bare.

peace and happiness

Hey. That creepy feeling in your face could be folliculitis or something. I think it should feel like an itching sensation followed by a tingling sensation or something. It ends up looking like a bunch of little bumps all over your face but it blends in pretty good with acne. I was itching pretty bad/tingling on my face and that was the first time I had nuts in awhile but it could have just been a coincidence. Unless it was to happen again, I won't go out of my way to cut out nuts. Despite them being hard on my digestive system, using them to avoid giving into sugar cravings has been very helpful. I'll probably cut back on them as soon as my cravings subside.

Hey. That creepy feeling in your face could be folliculitis or something. I think it should feel like an itching sensation followed by a tingling sensation or something. It ends up looking like a bunch of little bumps all over your face but it blends in pretty good with acne. I was itching pretty bad/tingling on my face and that was the first time I had nuts in awhile but it could have just been a coincidence. Unless it was to happen again, I won't go out of my way to cut out nuts. Despite them being hard on my digestive system, using them to avoid giving into sugar cravings has been very helpful. I'll probably cut back on them as soon as my cravings subside.

yeah that's true..i guess i will keep soaked nuts in my diet because its really inconvenient without them lol!

ok, so my naturopath reccomended that i go on antibiotics and gave me some natural ones but said if i see the dermatologist to maybe take what they can give me, just to get the infection in my face under control to try and prevent anymore scarring, but i am really worried that its just going to make my candida problem worse. I am doing the diet 100% and taking probiotics (at least 3 hours after anti-biotics) but does anyone have advice on that?

I start school tomorrow..gonna suck seeing everyone who i havent seen all summer looking like this but whatever. Hope everyone else has a good back to school :)

yeah that's true..i guess i will keep soaked nuts in my diet because its really inconvenient without them lol!

ok, so my naturopath reccomended that i go on antibiotics and gave me some natural ones but said if i see the dermatologist to maybe take what they can give me, just to get the infection in my face under control to try and prevent anymore scarring, but i am really worried that its just going to make my candida problem worse. I am doing the diet 100% and taking probiotics (at least 3 hours after anti-biotics) but does anyone have advice on that?

I start school tomorrow..gonna suck seeing everyone who i havent seen all summer looking like this but whatever. Hope everyone else has a good back to school :)

It does not make sense to me that you would go on antibiotics right now, unless they were specific to candida, but that wouldn't even come until later on in the candida diet. I am surprised your naturopath reccomended this.

Everything I have read on here about people who went on antibiotics for their skin end up clearing their skin for a while and then breaking out very badly again later. This seems to be from the problem of eliminating all bacteria while on antibiotics. You are getting rid of the good, and also the bad. You are eliminating the bacteria that are helpful and keep bad bacteria in check.

I never thought about it until like a month ago, but I was on antibiotics when I was around 3 for a staph infection. I had problems with sugar when I was around 12 (sores on my legs), then developed bulimia, and finally cystic acne. I am sure that all of these problems are linked at least in part to candida.

I am not sure that going on antibiotics right now is going to help you in the long run. I could be wrong, so don't use this post as a diagnosis, but youmay want to continue to do your own research as you go.

I have been meaning to post this reply for a couple of days, I'm sorry I got distracted and almost forgot!! :snooty:

Be well

Oh my WORD. NEVER go back to that lady again. Psycho! The only time that a pimple should be drained is when there is puss sticking out of it and a head. Take it from me, do not let anyone else drain your skin. I have major scarring from an esthitician who did that to me. Just put something on it to dry it out, but do not let people do that anymore! Augh!

so...since taking antibiotics my skin got a bit worse and was SUPER inflamed but the past few days its actually been a little better! i have a few new pimples, i think because i ate feta cheese in an omelette the other day ... but the older ones are slowly getting flatter but my whole face is so ITCHY. i also started taking colostrum two days ago and i think thats been helping a bunch. i'm also really tired :(. at the moment i am only really taking coconut oil as an antifungal... i know oil of oregano is good but does anyone have suggestions for other ones?

It does not make sense to me that you would go on antibiotics right now, unless they were specific to candida, but that wouldn't even come until later on in the candida diet. I am surprised your naturopath reccomended this.

Everything I have read on here about people who went on antibiotics for their skin end up clearing their skin for a while and then breaking out very badly again later. This seems to be from the problem of eliminating all bacteria while on antibiotics. You are getting rid of the good, and also the bad. You are eliminating the bacteria that are helpful and keep bad bacteria in check.

I never thought about it until like a month ago, but I was on antibiotics when I was around 3 for a staph infection. I had problems with sugar when I was around 12 (sores on my legs), then developed bulimia, and finally cystic acne. I am sure that all of these problems are linked at least in part to candida.

I am not sure that going on antibiotics right now is going to help you in the long run. I could be wrong, so don't use this post as a diagnosis, but youmay want to continue to do your own research as you go.

I have been meaning to post this reply for a couple of days, I'm sorry I got distracted and almost forgot!! :snooty:

Be well

yeah i think i will stop taking them...although i am doing my best to kill the candida while i'm on them so that they don't allow it to grow out of control, but i may switch to the natural antibiotics that my naturopath gave me and use those for a little while until my skin gets somewhat under control. i am too embarrassed to post pictures but my acne is really severe. like..literally my entire face is covered with large inflamed lesions and they are clustered in some areas, and its the worst on my jaw/outer cheek (i never used to get acne there!) and that area get REALLY inflamed and REALLY PAINFUL and puffy and my whole face is so marked up between active acne and red marks and scars that it almost looks like i have some sort of a design on my face from far away. so thats why my naturopath recommended antibiotics, just to get it under control so that i don't get even more scars. but yeah i am really uncomfortable with being on them. luckily i am going home this weekend to see her so i will discuss these things...how's everything going with you? well i guess ill take a peek over at your blog and find out :)

I have been really bad at keeping this log..probably because i;ve been keeping a written food journal and my house didnt have internet for like a week haha. But i have been eating very well, lots of organic local grassfed meat and local organic veggies, pretty much exclusively. I dont know what i'm gonna do in the winter when all the veggies stop growing :(. I hope pumpkins are on the candida diet! But i have been on antibiotics for like 2 weeks now and i havent noticed any huge change but my skin does seem to be calming down a little bit. in between antibiotics (2x/day) i take probiotics and colostrum.

I also just ordered some oil of oregano, food grade hydrogen dioxide(or peroxide? the one that's used for oxygen therapy) and turmeric and i got a homeopathic candida killing 16 day remedy at my health food store. I am not sure if i should use that now or wait until i go off the antibiotics but i have a feeling i should use it now while i'm on the antibiotics especially. ill have to do some research on it soon. i shouldn't even be on the antibiotics but i'm getting pulled in so many directions because my mom and dermatologist really want me on them and even my naturopath wants me on them but i don't really want to be on them..mleh. but my skin is really really infected i just looked at it in one of those mirrors where you can see your face from a bunch of different angles and i look like an alien or a swamp monster or something...its really disgusting. especially from the side. probably about 75% of my face is some shade of red or purple. its like someone just splattered deep red paint on me or something.

yesterday i went to the dermatologist (home for a few days cause i'm off school) and got some cortizone shots though and now for the first time in 4 months my face is actually mostly flat, which is wonderful! even raised areas that i thought were just scars at this point and were gonna stay like that have gone down. lately though cortizone shots have only been effective for a day or two but since i'm now on antibiotics i'm hoping that this state of non-inflammation will last much longer. my skin is always much less inflamed in the morning still (not this flat but still better than in the evening) but i guess that's just how its gonna be. I put on some mineral makeup and my skin definitely looks a lot better but you can still see some of the darker discoloration all over my jaw but it really looks a lot better and i actually feel pretty again :)

Also now i am doubting whether the candida was the main thing causing my acne. I do have a bunch of the symptoms like failing the spit test, fatigue, depression, shoulder/muscle pain, insomnia, and other things like that but i have never had athletes foot or a yeast infection or anything like that. i don't know if strep throat is the same thing as thrush but even when i was little and got scarlet fever every year (which includes a high fever, an itchy scarlet rash all over your body, and strep throat) i never got strep throat, or at least it didn't show up on the strep test. My mom thought that when i got strep it caused me to get scarlet fever. maybe that was just candida?? i have NO idea whats going on with my body and every doctor i ask says something different, if it weren't for this site i probably wouldn't even know what candida is! I guess i will start the homeopathic remedy for candida and then follow up with the other antifungals that i ordered and do the whole colon cleanse liver cleanse kidney cleanse thing when the time comes and hopefully things will get better.

I don't know if its because my acne is just so severe but i am not seeing the encouraging results that other people had when they first started this diet. If it isn't candida then i have no idea why my skin got SO horrible SO suddenly! one day i will post before and after pictures..its really shocking. i went from having just mild acne that wasn't noticeable to having the most severe acne that my dermatologist has ever seen before. Well i used to have cystic acne when i was 15ish but it was only like one or two at a time and only some times. and i have been a very healthy person for a long time. I just wish that i knew what was going on so i can be better. i know that we're supposed to learn from life's challenges but this is just cruel. I guess i just have to be patient for now. I think i am going to start seeing a psychologist to work on my emotional toxins because those are probably holding me back from getting better. I tried to meditate for a while but i am not very good at it...i will have to try to commit to that more. its not supposed to be easy. i just want someone to hand me a magical cure. but thats not going to happen. sigh.

On the bright side i did make up a little psuedo-desert! i mixed unsweetened coconut with carob powder and pumpkin seeds and used almond butter as a bonding agent and it really tasted like chocolate, and the chewy pumpkin seeds were like the chocolate chips! when i go back to school i want to make it again with some cinnamon and home-made almond butter. heads up - if anyone wants to make their own almond butter out of activated (soaked) almonds, i suggest chopping them after you soak them but before you dry them, because for some reasons almonds take FOREVER to dry and if they are not completely dry they won't release their oils for the butter. learned that the hard way lol.

hope everyone else is doing well and enjoying the rest of summer.