Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
texasgirl31

sooo frusturated!

i am 20 years old and have been dealing with acne since 5th grade. ive used differen, clindamycin, doxycycline, benzaclin, minocycline, clindagel, all kinds of over the counter treatments, and probably some other perscriptions ive forgotton. the only thing that ever worked was accutane i was completely clear for almost 2 years but now skin problems are coming back :( im out of ideas and don't know what to do. i just want to live normal and be able to go out without feeling like i have to spend forever doing my makeup. i hate it. help!

I am currently using tea tree oil and that seems to help. Also, just recently I did a "detox" and my acne has seemed to clear up since then. What can I say... drink lots of water, dont touch your face, change your pillowcase often, keep away from sugary foods/drinks.

I understand where you are coming from though. I refuse to go out if my acne is bad. All the best to you!

Stay away from sugar, don't pick your skin. Also make sure to eat plenty of fresh fruits and veggies, plus plenty of water. Maintain a good topical regimen - but seeing as your previous results from these, don't use BP or SA. Quite even avoid Tea Tree Oil. Just keep the skin clean - basic cleanser and normal moisturizer.

Agreed with the above poster - try a detox, it usually helps a little. Even if not, it's still very healthy for the body. What else could I tell ya? Hmm, maybe look into some supplements. Fish Oil, Zinc, Vitamin A, AcneScript, something that could help your skin. Once again, if it doesn't show effects on your skin, it's atleast still healthy for your body. If nothing seems to work still, go see your derm again. There are plenty of people who take 2, 3 and even 4 courses of accutane.