Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OFvar

Just need a lot of help :/

So heres my story short and sweet

turn 18 at the end of august, had pimples for about 3 years

from that time til this winter i always had a pimple maybe two on my face, never bad AT ALL! i am just a perfectionist and it bugged me. the only thing that bothers me in life is acne! nothing else, imo is as bad! other than maybe cancer. because acne really isnt treatable! this is the way i look at it, if you suck at basketball, practice. if your grades suck, study. if your gf hates you, find a new one. if your tired, sleep. if you want money, work. but if you have acne, ???

so i go to the derm the middle of march

retinA micro and doxicycline

-this made me get acne for real! then it took most of it away except my face was soo red i looked like a cartoon character! everybody commented saying i must have got burnt on the golf course (in april! wisconsin..)

-so in june i get a breakout and say enough imgoing back to a different derm so 4 months of my life wasted!

started june 14 was differin and tetracycline

-gave me the worst acne of my life!!!! it was gross and id get pimples in weird places like neck chest back arms and between my eyes and the eyebrows above them! i was soo disgusted and embarrassed! after 3 weeks i went back to the derm AGAIN

started july 7 accutane 40mg with supper

-first week w/ prednisone 20mg my skin was perfect no pimples AT ALL and i was so happy i didnt have a worry in the world!

-second week w/out prednisone i got a breakout and was pissed so i called for more pred

-third week w/ prednisone was almost flawless by thursday and friday just one pimple or so

-fourth week (this last week) w/ no prednisone was the worst week yet to date! i broke out on my sides..kind of like sideburn area! between my eyebrows! upper lip! forehead!(never had a pimple in my life on my forehead til differin, now my foreheads been the worst area!) and im still breaking out! Im so down on everything right now its nuts!

what do i do?!

i look the worst ive ever looked its gross! im constantly pissed about it! everyday i look in the mirror and think "what the hell happened?!" the main point im pissed about is ive had to change my daily life the last 6 months because of what the derms have done to me! theyve stole basically a half year of what is supposed to be the best time of my life!

when did you guys clear up on accutane? did you have a breakout around one month? when am i going to clear up? (dont say everyone is different because i know..)

thanks

brad

p.s. my 31 day blood draw is tuesday so ill prob ask for prednisone again...one more week clear haha

Hi Brad,

Well, dunno if this is gonna help, but I hear it's normal to have breakouts for a while on tane, it's all the blackheads/whiteheads that were under the skin that are being pushed up to the surface. I think that these would have over time been future pimples anyway, tane just stops new under skin 'bumps' forming and pushes all the ones there already out fast, they get infected by 'normal' skin bacteria and look inflammed from having dry skin on tane. I'm a few months in, was looking almost clear until dose was upped from 20mg to 40 mg and now breaking out again! (not as bad as IB tho, no more oil!) Just think tho, not only will you cure/greatly improve acne, but you're gonna have the nicest skin/complection/tone after finishing tane!

I have a question for you brad about prednisone coz I REALLY want some skin relief here, i've had acne for almost 7 years and am on 3rd month tane. When taking pred, how long till you saw improvement in your skin? Does it help with inflammed red skin? Does it make pimples/cysts go away? Did you gain weight/bloating? Puffy face? Also, does skin flaire after you finish taking pred?

Any help would be HUGELY appreciated!

Cheers

Claire

So heres my story short and sweet

turn 18 at the end of august, had pimples for about 3 years

from that time til this winter i always had a pimple maybe two on my face, never bad AT ALL! i am just a perfectionist and it bugged me. the only thing that bothers me in life is acne! nothing else, imo is as bad! other than maybe cancer. because acne really isnt treatable! this is the way i look at it, if you suck at basketball, practice. if your grades suck, study. if your gf hates you, find a new one. if your tired, sleep. if you want money, work. but if you have acne, ???

so i go to the derm the middle of march

retinA micro and doxicycline

-this made me get acne for real! then it took most of it away except my face was soo red i looked like a cartoon character! everybody commented saying i must have got burnt on the golf course (in april! wisconsin..)

-so in june i get a breakout and say enough imgoing back to a different derm so 4 months of my life wasted!

started june 14 was differin and tetracycline

-gave me the worst acne of my life!!!! it was gross and id get pimples in weird places like neck chest back arms and between my eyes and the eyebrows above them! i was soo disgusted and embarrassed! after 3 weeks i went back to the derm AGAIN

started july 7 accutane 40mg with supper

-first week w/ prednisone 20mg my skin was perfect no pimples AT ALL and i was so happy i didnt have a worry in the world!

-second week w/out prednisone i got a breakout and was pissed so i called for more pred

-third week w/ prednisone was almost flawless by thursday and friday just one pimple or so

-fourth week (this last week) w/ no prednisone was the worst week yet to date! i broke out on my sides..kind of like sideburn area! between my eyebrows! upper lip! forehead!(never had a pimple in my life on my forehead til differin, now my foreheads been the worst area!) and im still breaking out! Im so down on everything right now its nuts!

what do i do?!

i look the worst ive ever looked its gross! im constantly pissed about it! everyday i look in the mirror and think "what the hell happened?!" the main point im pissed about is ive had to change my daily life the last 6 months because of what the derms have done to me! theyve stole basically a half year of what is supposed to be the best time of my life!

when did you guys clear up on accutane? did you have a breakout around one month? when am i going to clear up? (dont say everyone is different because i know..)

thanks

brad

p.s. my 31 day blood draw is tuesday so ill prob ask for prednisone again...one more week clear haha

I jus recently finished my third month going into 4th. During my second month my face exploded seriously It was uncontrollable, just came out of no where. I had big cysts , pimples everywhere. I was so lost & confused. During my 3rd month my face calmed down A LOT. I still have a lot of pimples though,Hopefully I'll be clear soon.

jbabyee souds a lot like where i'm at now too. i'm a week away from month 4, month 2 was bad for me as well. I hear that for some people it takes longer to clear, depends on the type of acne you had and how much was underneath the skin to begin with.

I'm starting my second month, and my blackheads are clearing up, but whiteheads/cysts/nodules are still going strong. What I have noticed is that, even though they're still popping up, they're healing faster, which is nice! My derm quite literally JUST told me it's normal to keep breaking out through your first two months, then really start to clear during the third month, so hang in there! I'm going through the exact same thing, and I'm sure it'll get better from here on out!

@Claire-20

Really, I didn't know what happened to my face during month two. Im starting to get a little worried since school is about to start again. I hope it be at least a little difference by then. How is your face now? I hope we continue to stay in contact. This is a journey and it would be better if I had a friend along tha way.

@jbabyee

At the moment face is ok, very upredictable, lol. My dose had been increased and i'm taking this steroid stuff called predisone to calm breakout. I can feel the accutane working now tho, skin is getting drier, lips are getting dryer, etc. I hear alot of people suddenly clear around month 5, so hopefully this is the case for both of us :)

Don't stress about school, seriously, I know it's hard, but believe me it is much more accepted (by others) to have acne prob at school/being young, most people have some degree of acne at this time, it IS likely to keep getting better at this stage of the treatment, so it very well may be alot better by school. Plus, you are one of the lucky accutane cadidates that will have the most beautiful smooth clear skin when you have finished this treatment. Until then just think...you will have clear skin, you are taking accutane, these breakouts are just the underlying stuff that is coming to the surface and being destroyed!

@Claire-20- yes thats good that your face is doing ok. I think the accutane is kicking in to because my face is dryer,lips is dryer,body is sore and feet are getting sore :(. I hope from here on out our face only goes in the positive direction. aww thanks for the encouragement but none of my friends suffer from acne. I kinda feel like the "odd one out'. Im jus keeping my head up & hoping this all be over soon. Im happy I found this website because nobody understands me better than the people on here :)

@Claire-20- yes thats good that your face is doing ok. I think the accutane is kicking in to because my face is dryer,lips is dryer,body is sore and feet are getting sore :(. I hope from here on out our face only goes in the positive direction. aww thanks for the encouragement but none of my friends suffer from acne. I kinda feel like the "odd one out'. Im jus keeping my head up & hoping this all be over soon. Im happy I found this website because nobody understands me better than the people on here :)

@jbabyee

Good to hear you are keeping ur head up. I had perfect skin at high school, but began breaking out at around 18-19 years old :(. I remember one of my friends had the worst breakouts at high school, really large cysts, etc. She took 2 courses of accutane when she was 16-17 (they did 2 courses because her acne was VERY severe, it cleared by the end of the first course) and now she rarely gets even the tiniest zit and her scars all faded, seriously! Also, when ever I get sore muscles, dry lips, etc I am happy, because it means that the accutane is actually working, lol.