Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LiveTieDye

Acne Free Severe Kit or Dans regimine?

So I am 14, and almost two weeks ago I started the Acne Free Severe Kit and I noticed a 50% reduction in my resisitant moderate acne. I've been going to the dermatologist and their products havent been working so I tried the Acne Free Severe Kit and its been working! But I was just wondering if anyone thinks DKB would work any better? Just wondering. Thanks! OH and I also get a hyperpigmentation spot after every pimple I get.... :(

I would say that if what you're using is working, I'd stick with it. I tried the DKR for a while, and even 6+ months in I still saw no improvement. Plus, reading through the boards here and the reviews, it seems that the DKR can take quite a while to work even for people who get clear with it. Sounds like the Severe kit is doing pretty well after 2 weeks, so I'd try sticking with that before switching to something that could take 3 months or more! :doh: I hope it keeps working for you!

On a somewhat unrelated note, I was wondering how much dryness and/or irritation you've noticed from the AcneFree Severe? I am using the regular kit right now, and I've noticed some improvement in certain areas of my face, but in others my acne seems pretty resistant and just keeps on coming, lol. I had thought of trying the severe kit, but I'm getting some dryness with the regular kit and thought it might be worse with the severe one.

I also get a mark from every pimple...what a pain in the rear! Even when the pimple is gone, the red marks LOOK like pimples, so with every new pimple, the skin looks worse and worse! Ugh!

Edited by Smooth Criminal

Yeah I use AcneFree Severe, and it works OKAY I guess, pretty much the same as the regular AcneFree. I also get hyper-pigmentation very badly after every pimple, exfoliating your skin often really helps to get rid of hyper-pigmentation a lot faster-Good luck.

Yeah I use AcneFree Severe, and it works OKAY I guess, pretty much the same as the regular AcneFree. I also get hyper-pigmentation very badly after every pimple, exfoliating your skin often really helps to get rid of hyper-pigmentation a lot faster-Good luck.

If it works the same as the regular kit, for me that would be almost not at all. After a month I'm not seeing much improvement at all except in certain small areas of my face. Just so I don't misunderstand your post, how much improvement have you seen with the severe kit? Did it get you clear at all? And is it super drying or irritating? Just wondering. (Trying to decide if it'd be worth trying!)