Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sami5

Olive oil as moisturizer?

Hey so this question might sound silly but I'm gonna ask it because I really wanna know!

so I know in dan's regimen it's better to add jojoba oil to the moisturizer to get soft skin but can we use olive oil instead? or will it clog pores? I don't know where to get the jojoba oil and I want something for now until I can order online! so does olive oil work as well?

Olive oil can be comedogenic for some people, so if you do decide that you want to use it, I'd recommend testing it for a few weeks (maybe on your jawline) before using it all over, to see how your skin reacts.

Have you looked around at local health food or organic-type stores? They usually carry jojoba oil, or may be able to direct you to somewhere that does.

Olive oil com reaction isn't that high(2 out of 5) jojoba is 0-2 out of 5, if you use any of the designed moisturizers they likely are more com and also irritating to your skin than olive oil. btw Oloil doesn't irritate at all, I trying this olive oil out from now on, :o.

edit: and who doesn't know Extra virgin is the highest quality olive oil...so use only the real one!

Edited by expert

Oh so it could clog pores for some people? boy I wouldn't want that at all! so I prefer waiting for the jojoba oil! thanks everybody!