Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi All,

I have been experimenting trying to find the right facial cleanser/make-up remover. I began using Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash (supposedly recommended by derms). Anyway, after using it twice daily, my face began drying up very badly. I began using extra-mild facial moisturizer, and that STILL didn't help. After discontinuing using the Neutrogena, my dryness subsided. I {STUPIDLY} used a small dab of it today, and once again, my face is horribly dry. The moisturizer is not helping at all.

Has anyone had this problem with Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash? What are the chemicals in it that could be causing the unbelievable dryness? Will peeling cause your skin to scar? Would a sensitive-skin cleanser be better? HELP!

Neutrogena is notorious for being very drying.

Alot of people rave about cetaphil tho i havent tried it personally.

The same thing just happend to me with the same cleanser, what I did was drank way more water than usual. Moisturized more didn't wear make up and switched to Clean and Clear Blackhead clearing scrub it helped get rid of the flaky nasty parts.

Good Luck