Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello everyone,

I'm 14 years old, almost 15 and a female. I am about to be a sophmore in highschool and am dealing with moderate acne. Although moderate acne is not that bad of a thing to deal with, it still bothers me to look at my faces and see many dark purple spots(hyperpigmentation). I do breakout about once a week and get a new zit basically everyday, sometimes more than one a day. I've been currently going to the dermatologist for 7 months and it just worsened my acne. I do not know if it is because of the products ive been given or my hormones being out of wack. I was missing my period for 6 months so i consulted my physician and they put me on progesterone for 10 days. I got my period and thats about it. I did make a gyno appointment because I want to get a checkup to see if anything is wrong. I also want to ask her if I can go on birth control for my acne. My derm has been giving me topicals and antibiodics for the seven months. They have not made any difference on my face. I recently switched to the acne free severe kit and it has been working a bit on my skin. Ive seen some improvement on controlling my breakouts but I feel like my acne is mostly cause by hormones. My sister used to have acne like me and she went on birth control and within months her skin cleared. I really want to try it but im scared that it may give me bad skin and weight gain. I also dont want to go to school with all these marks on my face and I used to wear makeup but I feel like that makes my skin worse. HELP! I dont know what to do. I cry about my face all the time and get so upset its not clear like it used to be a year ago. My face is also very oily and I constantly have to blot at school and make various trips to the bathroom to do so.

Hello everyone,

I'm 14 years old, almost 15 and a female. I am about to be a sophmore in highschool and am dealing with moderate acne. Although moderate acne is not that bad of a thing to deal with, it still bothers me to look at my faces and see many dark purple spots(hyperpigmentation). I do breakout about once a week and get a new zit basically everyday, sometimes more than one a day. I've been currently going to the dermatologist for 7 months and it just worsened my acne. I do not know if it is because of the products ive been given or my hormones being out of wack. I was missing my period for 6 months so i consulted my physician and they put me on progesterone for 10 days. I got my period and thats about it. I did make a gyno appointment because I want to get a checkup to see if anything is wrong. I also want to ask her if I can go on birth control for my acne. My derm has been giving me topicals and antibiodics for the seven months. They have not made any difference on my face. I recently switched to the acne free severe kit and it has been working a bit on my skin. Ive seen some improvement on controlling my breakouts but I feel like my acne is mostly cause by hormones. My sister used to have acne like me and she went on birth control and within months her skin cleared. I really want to try it but im scared that it may give me bad skin and weight gain. I also dont want to go to school with all these marks on my face and I used to wear makeup but I feel like that makes my skin worse. HELP! I dont know what to do. I cry about my face all the time and get so upset its not clear like it used to be a year ago. My face is also very oily and I constantly have to blot at school and make various trips to the bathroom to do so.

read my post:(