Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i hate it with all my heart when randomly people come to my house to visit i hate it so much.and you maybe saying but why?well last time i seen these people i was clear .i know that when they see me they are going to make a face and be like wtf happened to you.yes i have had a bad experience with this .one time i was home and thouhgt no one was home .since i live in the attic ,i walked downstairs to eat something yeah what do you know there is like 8 people in my living room .some i knew and some i didnt .when they looked at me they immediatly said i know whats good for those marks..the other person was like .what soap do you use for your face.they started a fucking discussion about my fucking marks as if i was some kind of experiment,.im sorry for my language but this really gets me mad.really mad. people have to learn how to shut up and keep advises to themselves and stop asking me so many questions about my face .is really non of their business.this is the main reason why i stay home all day .because i cant stand people giving cures creams solutions..asking questions making fun of me .i dont care if they dont mean it .it hurts me alot..

so f you random people that come to my house even family members :snooty:

Yes I really dislike people coming over unannounced. I have to go hide in my room because I almost never wear makeup at home. Plus every time my one step brother comes over, if I am not wearing makeup he always makes a comment about how I look. Last time: "You need to get a tan, look how pale she is!"////time before that: "You look sick."

All I want is to play with my adorable nephew, not hear comments about my appearance everyyyyy time.

Edited by bek_cogent

"Reason for edit: Edited obscenity out of title". lol really? Oh gee whiz I wonder what naughty word that might have been... Well, I suppose when two thirds of the regular posters on a forum are mods you need something to do to not get bored. :shrug:

Well, I suppose when two thirds of the regular posters on a forum are mods

wat :eh: I can think of about four mods who actually post in the lounge frequently... usually when people become mods they go to the scary alcove called the mod place and never post regularly anymore... :|

wat :eh: I can think of about four mods who actually post in the lounge frequently... usually when people become mods they go to the scary alcove called the mod place and never post regularly anymore... :|

It's at least 5, well either way, the exact number is besides the point. What i'm saying is that I've looked at old threads here before, and it seems like the forum has gone downhill in terms of total numbers of posts/posters and overall good discussion. It also seems like the start of this decline coincided with the beginning of this over the top censorship on here. The lines are way too blurry too. Like there's no name calling, but you can insult someone indirectly. Or you can't talk about sex, but you can use sexual innuendos a la Jeremyn (not that I have any problem with that. I think they're funny). Correct me if i'm wrong, because I haven't been here that long, and don't know all the "org history".

i know what you mean, especially the last point =P

it used to be so much fun last year with chat and all. now people actually have lives :(

(except me because i'm still here) LOL

:unsure:

It's at least 5, well either way, the exact number is besides the point. What i'm saying is that I've looked at old threads here before, and it seems like the forum has gone downhill in terms of total numbers of posts/posters and overall good discussion. It also seems like the start of this decline coincided with the beginning of this over the top censorship on here. The lines are way too blurry too. Like there's no name calling, but you can insult someone indirectly. Or you can't talk about sex, but you can use sexual innuendos a la Jeremyn (not that I have any problem with that. I think they're funny). Correct me if i'm wrong, because I haven't been here that long, and don't know all the "org history".

You're more than welcome to start as many discussions as you'd like, providing they're appropriate. ; )

Personal insults aren't allowed any more than name-calling is. Both fall under "flaming", which isn't allowed. And the reason we don't allow graphic sexual discussion is that there are some younger members that post on these boards, so things need to be kept appropriate for all ages. That said, a little flirting here and there is totally fine.

Another issue that the mods have to take care of is when a member is constantly swearing. Occasional swearing is fine, but if it's happening all the time, we have to step in. I made the decision to edit the subtitle of this thread because I didn't feel that it was appropriate. It was a judgment call, and I stand by it. ; )

If people see a post or thread that they think may be in violation of any of the board rules, they should report it using the 'Report' button (located under the user information, on the left side of every post), to bring it to the attention of the moderators. We can't be everywhere, and we don't see every post, so reporting inappropriate posts is one way that members can help keep these boards a nice and friendly environment.

Anyone can be brave over a screen and insult someone. Kind of cowardly IMO.

Anyways wouldn't this be better suited to the emo thread?

Anyone can be brave over a screen and insult someone. Kind of cowardly IMO.

Anyways wouldn't this be better suited to the emo thread?

Yep. I'm moving it there right now. ; )

it used to be so much fun last year with chat and all. now people actually have lives :(

lol yeah i'm with ya, on the not having a life part.

You're more than welcome to start as many discussions as you'd like, providing they're appropriate. ; )

Personal insults aren't allowed any more than name-calling is. Both fall under "flaming", which isn't allowed. And the reason we don't allow graphic sexual discussion is that there are some younger members that post on these boards, so things need to be kept appropriate for all ages. That said, a little flirting here and there is totally fine.

Another issue that the mods have to take care of is when a member is constantly swearing. Occasional swearing is fine, but if it's happening all the time, we have to step in. I made the decision to edit the subtitle of this thread because I didn't feel that it was appropriate. It was a judgment call, and I stand by it. ; )

The youngest people on this board are what? 14ish? Whoever thinks they aren't exposed to topics of a sexual-related nature at that age is naive. Most posters are also in their teens/early 20s and are curious about sex and plays a major part in their lives. This is no surprise, procreation of human life is essential to the survival of our species.

He used one swear word. I think "constantly swearing" would have to constitute of more than one swear. They're just words. It really shouldn't be a big deal. I think it's made a bigger deal when it's censored as such.

It appears that others may have felt the same way, thus the mass exodus from this site, especially the lounge area.

If people see a post or thread that they think may be in violation of any of the board rules, they should report it using the 'Report' button (located under the user information, on the left side of every post), to bring it to the attention of the moderators. We can't be everywhere, and we don't see every post, so reporting inappropriate posts is one way that members can help keep these boards a nice and friendly environment.

You're telling me that with the 5 mods who visit and post frequently, and the other few who come semi-regularly you're not able too look at miniscule amount of posts in the lounge and emotional sections? I don't believe that for a second. Like you said, you are the ones making judgment calls so clearly you are the ones letting the indirect insults slide and cracking down (often excessively imo) on others.

The youngest people on this board are what? 14ish? Whoever thinks they aren't exposed to topics of a sexual-related nature at that age is naive. Most posters are also in their teens/early 20s and are curious about sex and plays a major part in their lives. This is no surprise, procreation of human life is essential to the survival of our species.

He used one swear word. I think "constantly swearing" would have to constitute of more than one swear. They're just words. It really shouldn't be a big deal. I think it's made a bigger deal when it's censored as such.

It appears that others may have felt the same way, thus the mass exodus from this site, especially the lounge area.

You're telling me that with the 5 mods who visit and post frequently, and the other few who come semi-regularly you're not able too look at miniscule amount of posts in the lounge and emotional sections? I don't believe that for a second. Like you said, you are the ones making judgment calls so clearly you are the ones letting the indirect insults slide and cracking down (often excessively imo) on others.

Keep in mind that this site is part of a business, and that, as such, there are rules and guidelines that need to be followed. The mods are here to enforce those rules and guidelines on all the boards, not just in The Lounge and on the Emo board.

This site has over 100,000 registered members and about fifteen mods. Hundreds of people post daily. So it's not that unreasonable that we're not able to see every single post.

This site has over 100,000 registered members and about fifteen mods. Hundreds of people post daily. So it's not that unreasonable that we're not able to see every single post.

Oh i'm very much aware that it's a business. The whole point of this site is Dan can push his "regimen". Slather a bunch of benzoyl peroxide on your face. Wow, so innovative. It's not like you can buy that at ANY drug store (minus the shipping charges). :rolleyes:

Like I already said, I'm mainly talking about the lounge and emo sections, so that information is irrelevant. And also like I already said, my issue is more with you guys being excessive with those rules (which are also excessive in the first place), I don't care if you read every post.

Oh i'm very much aware that it's a business. The whole point of this site is Dan can push his "regimen". Slather a bunch of benzoyl peroxide on your face. Wow, so innovative. It's not like you can buy that at ANY drug store (minus the shipping charges). :rolleyes:

Like I already said, I'm mainly talking about the lounge and emo sections, so that information is irrelevant. And also like I already said, my issue is more with you guys being excessive with those rules (which are also excessive in the first place), I don't care if you read every post.

You can always start your own forum with your own rules. ; )

One could also argue that the mods have their own lives to deal with and their lives don't revolve around a website. They do this in their spare time for free and it is a thankless job.

They can't possiblely please everyone. I don't always agree with the mods but i respect their decisions.

They have to walk the line between babysitting certain individuals on here and allowing a debate to flow and let it be. Unfortunately not everyone is capable of expressing themselves without getting emotional and then the insults start flying around.

Rather than find fault with the way they operate why not suggest some ideas to them? They might actually get noticed.

Edited by Nicky D