Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ChrisB92

How to apply moisturizer after bp?

I feel like no matter how long I wait after using bp, when I go to put the mosturizer on my face gets a thick white layer on it, almost like I'm pushing the bp around or something? Can anyone give me some advice?

Are you waiting long enough after the cleansing step before applying the BP?

I just started the regimen last week after a long hiatus -- I had stopped because I had that same problem; the BP never seemed to get completely absorbed, and though it'd dry up (because I'd wait like 30 minutes), it would feel like there was a thick layer of it still sitting on top of my face. So when I put moisturizer over it, that felt like it just sat on my face too. I couldn't even imagine going out in public like that, so I only did the "regimen" at night... and I couldn't fathom how anyone could ever wear makeup on top of that.

This time around, I made sure to read through all the regimen steps and watch all the videos... I realized that before, soon after pat-drying my face with a towel, I would think my face was dry enough and start applying the BP. I'm thinking that there was still some moisture on my face, and that was preventing all the BP from fully being absorbed. Now, I make sure to wait at least 5 minutes after cleansing, and if my face doesn't feel too dry, up to 15 minutes. Now when I apply the BP (albeit a very small amount since my face is getting used to it again), I can tell it's being absorbed completely. By 10 minutes, my face is dry, and when I apply moisturizer, that eventually all gets absorbed too. Now, my face doesn't feel goopy after the regimen, and some days I can wear my makeup over everything without a problem :)

I hope that helps you!