Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have tried more prescription topicals then I could even remember and I still have bad breakouts. Ive come to the realization that it isnt worth it to pay for expensive prescriptions if I still breakout. I have made the personal choice not to take Accutane as my acne is not severe. I am ready to try something else. I have heard of Practiv, Skin ID, Murad, MAx Clarity and all the other infommercial brands but I am skeptical. If they really worked the way they say, then wouldn't everyone use them? I am looking for something relatively easy to use and inexpensive. I think my skin is very tough. I never have to worry about dryness or peeling so I wouldnt mind using something a little harsh if it clears me up. Right now I use 3 topicals twice a day plus sunscreens/moisturizer. I am starting to hate smearing all that stuff on my face in vain. I also hate going in and out of the phamacy all the time and throwing away my money.

Which sytem should I try first?

I have a very very similar story to you! Ive tried basically every topical that is needed with a prescription! and none of them worked for me. I've been using the Acne Free Severe Kit and its been working! Already seen a 50% reduction in acne in 2 weeks! I also bought the terminator by them to use as a spot treatment. You should try it out. Its about 22 dollars at walmart for the whole kit ! :)

Personally I've used Proactiv (not the new & improved one -_-) and it was alright, until I stopped using it and then my skin got worse and it didn't work the second or third time I tried it...but it works OKAY maybe better now...

Skin ID for me didn't work at all....I answered all the stupid questions that would give you your "personal numbers" for your kit, and my friend who doesn't break out at all and has clear skin took it and we ended up with the same numbers =/ even though she has more oily skin (t-zone) and I don't have oily skin at all, I don't know how we ended up with the same numbers but it didn't work and they wouldn't let me return it for the 30 day risk free trial either.

And I've never used Max Clarity but I want to try it.

Just remember everyones skin type is different so what didn't work for me might work for you =] I'd go for which ever one you feel like trying...or the cheapest one....might as well start cheap and see if it works before spending even more money...

Honestly what I think has worked best for me and is way cheaper is neutrogena rapid clear they have a whole line of this stuff, a wash, scrub, toner, spot treatment, etc etc....I only used the face wash and it did seem to make my pimples smaller and they healed quicker....maybe using it as more of the three step or whatever will work better....i just found this online NEUTROGENA® Rapid Clear® 7 Day Acne Intervention Kit 1 count with Bonus its only $19.99 no having to sign up for it to be shipped for $40 a month and I guess it comes with everything you "need" rather then buy it one piece at a time...

Good luck :)

I appreciate the responses. I am just so scared that totally stopping my prescriptions will make my face blow up. I have been on prescription topicals for like 7 years. I honestly dont know how bad my acne is naturally. I am worried that I have severe acne that I have been able to manage down to mild.

I think I am leaning towards Max Clarity but I'm just not the kind of person who gets sucked in by TV ads. I really dont think it would work but I have read alot of positive reviews on here. I am at the end of my rope. Im gonna turn 20 in a few months. The older I get the more embarrased I get about my skin. I kinda expected acne at 15 but I am getting too old for this.

I appreciate the responses. I am just so scared that totally stopping my prescriptions will make my face blow up. I have been on prescription topicals for like 7 years. I honestly dont know how bad my acne is naturally. I am worried that I have severe acne that I have been able to manage down to mild.

I think I am leaning towards Max Clarity but I'm just not the kind of person who gets sucked in by TV ads. I really dont think it would work but I have read alot of positive reviews on here. I am at the end of my rope. Im gonna turn 20 in a few months. The older I get the more embarrased I get about my skin. I kinda expected acne at 15 but I am getting too old for this.

I know how you feel....I'm gonna be 21 in 3 months and even if its only for a little while I'd like to be clear for my birthday....even a temporary fix at the moment will make me happy...obviously I want to get clear and stay that way which I'm still trying for...

I would try Max Clarity, I did read reviews on here but a lot of them seem fake =/ so I looked at other sites as well and I did see some good reviews....it can't be THAT bad...let me know how it works for you...currently it seems I'll be stuck taking something called acnepril to make my mom happy -_- just cause she read that its a top 5 acne treatment....but I thought proactiv was too and she knows that didn't work

Im going to the derm Thursday and Im gonna ask him about Max clarity. I dont think he will have many good things to say but who knows. Even if he tells me its a waste of time Ill still tell him that I want to simplify my regimen and go from there. Maybe he'll recommend something else.

Im going to the derm Thursday and Im gonna ask him about Max clarity. I dont think he will have many good things to say but who knows. Even if he tells me its a waste of time Ill still tell him that I want to simplify my regimen and go from there. Maybe he'll recommend something else.

Well hopefully hes heard a lot of good things and actually recommends it :) but probably not because he can't make any money off of it....but I do hope you find something!

but probably not because he can't make any money off of it....but I do hope you find something!

Exactly what I was thinking. I'll listen to what he says and I'll pass it along.

So I went to my derm today and nothing is gonna change. Of course, my skin looks pretty good today. It always seems to clear up when I see him so he probably thinks everything works. I agreed to stay on my current regimen for another 6 weeks. I have been trying to cut down on the picking and I have been more gentle to my skin maybe that will help. I didnt even ask about Max Clarity, Im sure he wouldnt recommend it. Im gonna keep doing what Im doing and hopefully one day Ill wake up and be clear :/

So I went to my derm today and nothing is gonna change. Of course, my skin looks pretty good today. It always seems to clear up when I see him so he probably thinks everything works. I agreed to stay on my current regimen for another 6 weeks. I have been trying to cut down on the picking and I have been more gentle to my skin maybe that will help. I didnt even ask about Max Clarity, Im sure he wouldnt recommend it. Im gonna keep doing what Im doing and hopefully one day Ill wake up and be clear :/

Since I completely dropped my routine my skin cleared -_- I stopped taking all my vitamins everyday, stopped taking spiro & bcp for hormonal acne, I don't have any more of the face washes I used to use so other than this lemon mint mask I had just bought I've just been using some aloe vera bar soap I have...and I actually feel asleep with make-up on twice.....and yet my skin cleared....completely....I "broke-out" today...I had one little white head that is already gone.........

The only thing that I've kinda been doing consistently is using the red/blue light treatment for 10-15 minutes a day or every other day....

Good luck hope your regimens starts to work and definitely try not to pick!