Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cheerfulgal

my face shines out of no reason.. wtf

dont know if its the right place for this post

yeah i have oily skin. and i sweat a lot. thus i do have a shine on my face sometimes .

even after i wash my face using gentle cleanser and feel a bit of tightness, i still got that shine on my face. my whole face. why is that?

do i have combination skin instead.. and the shine means im over-drying?? :/

Could be combination skin like you say. I am the same- even after I wash my face it is shiny! I have just switched to using Cetaphil cleanser and moisturizing lotion and found that surprisingly my face is a lot less shiny! Seems weird as I was using SA cleansers and oil control moisturizers previously and they were having no effect. Think those just over-dried my skin and it felt the need to produce extra oil to compensate! Now I'm using more pH balanced gentle products it seems better and takes care of itself...or it seems to be so far! You say you are using a gentle cleanser already? Which one? If you aren't doing so already I would say add a gentle light moisturizer too and see how you get on

thanks iccarri. the reason why i say i have oily skin is that everyday when i wake up, i will literally have a film of oil on my face! and i have blemishes and acne and stuff.. now i think im over-drying :/

i use clinique cleanser or avene cleanser gel. i have just bought cetaphil moisturizer. is that light enough? hope it will get better :clap:

I find the cetaphil moisturizing lotion a little heavy and tend to only use it overnight. I use Murad perfecting lotion or oil-control matifier during the day. (The Murad oil-control matifier is the best thing I've found for controlling my shine throughout the day). I am using Differin at night and 2.5% BP in the morning though so those both dry my skin out. Not sure about clinique cleansers I have always found them a bit harsh but might just be me. The cetaphil gentle cleanser is great. Good luck