Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lovelost

Exercise and acne

Exercise is good for your skin!! It increases the blood flow and circulation so it tightens the skin. It also helps promote oxygen and nutrients needed to produce collagen. And it reduces stress which plays a big role in acne for some.

Even if not exercising for acne, why not? It doesn't hurt. lol.

I walk sometimes, but I'd like to start kick boxing on the Wii very soon. It's my favorite. I'd also like to start jogging.

Exercise is good for your skin!! It increases the blood flow and circulation so it tightens the skin. It also helps promote oxygen and nutrients needed to produce collagen. And it reduces stress which plays a big role in acne for some.

Even if not exercising for acne, why not? It doesn't hurt. lol.

I walk sometimes, but I'd like to start kick boxing on the Wii very soon. It's my favorite. I'd also like to start jogging.

Yea, ive been wondering....but i usally exercise but havent very much for the past 2 weeks...i need a regimen

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

I loooove exercise. I doubt that exercise promotes acne for me, but if it does, it's likely based on the cleaning spray used. I notice that if I touch my face or under my chin (wiping away sweat, I rarely touch my face itself other than the eye area) with the hand that has been handling the cleaning rag, I break out in small bumps. I don't think that the sweat itself promotes acne either, and I haven't found any concrete claims that prove that exercise increases testosterone. In face, the one study (I think) that I found that tested both men and women before and after exercise showed that woman's testosterone levels don't change, and man's testosterone levels might only marginally increase, but not enough to really do any damage. Again, the things that could cause acne while exercising are the environment as well as how you treat your skin while working out. Using a towel could make acne worse through it drying the skin out (once I stopped bringing a towel, my skin became less dry) and by aggravating the skin by constantly pressing up against it, not being careful as to what side of the towel you are using (always fold it so that only one side touches machines and your hands, the other side that is folded into itself should not touch anything but your face), and any particles spraying around in the air.

I haven't washed my face consciously in like, a week or so, and my breakouts are no worse with all my sweating.

I've tried picking up jogging, but it burns my lungs/throat so badly lol. Especially since I've had issues with breathing since this past September (been getting different tests done for that, but have still exercised through that).

Whats your guys exercise regimen

I used to run 6 days/week for about 30 minutes, but after a few months one of my knees started getting really sore so I signed up for a gym. There, I rotate between the stationary bike and the elliptical machine (usually 30 minutes on each, or 45 minutes on just one). If you're going to do some form of cardio, make sure you do it for at least 20 minutes, or you won't reap the benefits.

I used to run 6 days/week for about 30 minutes, but aftere been a few months one of my knees started getting really sore so I signed up for a gym. There, I rotate between the stationary bike and the elliptical machine (usually 30 minutes on each, or 45 minutes on just one). If you're going to do some form of cardio, make sure you do it for at least 20 minutes, or you won't reap the benefits.

i have been doing 3.5 mph to 4mph with some running of higher speeds at 15 degree incline for an hour every other day

but for weights i have been slacking....

I used to run 6 days/week for about 30 minutes, but aftere been a few months one of my knees started getting really sore so I signed up for a gym. There, I rotate between the stationary bike and the elliptical machine (usually 30 minutes on each, or 45 minutes on just one). If you're going to do some form of cardio, make sure you do it for at least 20 minutes, or you won't reap the benefits.

i have been doing 3.5 mph to 4mph with some running of higher speeds at 15 degree incline for an hour every other day

Personally, I would stay away from the weights, as they can cause some people to have problems. I think it has to do with increased testosterone

I live by multiple bike routes so I go on bike rides at least 30 minutes long. Used to do it every morning but since my schedule changed I do it in the evenings. If not every day then a couple times a week.

Personally, I would stay away from the weights, as they can cause some people to have problems. I think it has to do with increased testosterone

My husband's uncle who is a physician also has problems if he weight trains too often. I think it's healthy to include weights though, just don't overdo it. Maybe 2x a week and up if you don't notice any acne flare ups? Lifting weights along with cardio actually works to balance hormones if both done in moderation.

We are meant to be physically active daily. It's how our body is meant to function and the best thing you can do for blood pressure, stress, sleep, blood sugar and more. And those things affect acne.

That said, prolonged extreme exertion is not good for you. Moderate exercise like walking, dancing, physical labor and extreme exertion in short bursts in the most beneficial. Intervals such as walking with short bursts of sprinting or cycling varying speeds for example. Also lifting weights or other resistance exercise.

Exercise is super good more your skin for sooo many reasons including the ones already said. Cardio will be your best friend because it gets your blood pumping so nutrients can be spread through out your body. And sweat is said to have natural anti bacterial properties. It gets a bad rep however because if you leave it on your skin too long after you work out the moisture and germs from gym equipment can cause a break out.

My work out routine consists of 20- 40 minutes of cardio I mix it up and alter between running, biking, and the when my knees are hurting

I also do weights to work out my core, legs, and arms

I try to go the gym everyday or at least 5 days a week.

Exercise is super good more your skin for sooo many reasons including the ones already said. Cardio will be your best friend because it gets your blood pumping so nutrients can be spread through out your body. And sweat is said to have natural anti bacterial properties. It gets a bad rep however because if you leave it on your skin too long after you work out the moisture and germs from gym equipment can cause a break out.

My work out routine consists of 20- 40 minutes of cardio I mix it up and alter between running, biking, and the when my knees are hurting

I also do weights to work out my core, legs, and arms

I try to go the gym everyday or at least 5 days a week.

is that you jumping or dancing in your avi?

I've been lifting hard lately, but I hope the stress I put on my muscles doesn't result in acne.

Hahaha no thats not me. But I am a dancer though. I have just never done any photo shoots like that. But be careful not to stress out your body, that's proven to make acne worse. Use exercises to relax and de stress. Go hard, just not too hard.