Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ChorniyVolk

Where's a good place to buy TCA acid for chemical peels?

Anyone happen to know where I should go to buy some Trichloroacetic Acid, preferrably at 24% or less, so that I can do the chemical peel on my face?

I tried CVS but they couldn't order it for me and it was also $70 or so. Anywhere better?

I have gotten most of my peels from amazon.com. They seem fairly priced, if that helps. Also peels can make your skin more sensitive to sunlight, making it easier to burn. And if you need to peel your skin, there is no need to damage your skin by exposing your face to sun with no protection. It can make scars last longer. Make sure you find a good non-comedogenic moisturizer for after, especially if this is your first time using a peel. good luck

Definately, definately, definately get your peels from Makeupartistschoice.com. Their peels get incredibly high reviews on makeupalley.

Thanks to both of you.

Seems like the prices on Amazon are a lot better than Makeupartistschoice...

kmy130, any particular brands I should go for?

Edited by ChorniyVolk

well I have used skin laboratory and perfect peel before and I first used a lower acid % and then moved up.... the higher % yielded better results for me. My only advice is to not overdo it by starting off high because most people who use higher % have used many peels before and their skin is used to it. I have over done a peel before and my skin was so bad after I could even put moisturizer on for a few days without it burning and my skin was so red and inflamed it was a little embarrassing.