Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dermadude

conclusion

Ok I ve come to the conclusion that I have orange peel skin which pretty much means that compared to an orange we look like brothers

when I look in the mirror in daylight I look somewhat decent but today at work when I stepped outside and looked into the reflection of the outside of the building I almost jumped and scared my self how bad the scars looked. Is this what people see me as :blink: I'm now considering peels to smooth the over all complexions but was wondering what would be the best and the least amount of down time, lactic or glycolic or TCA..... And another thing is 400 seem a little steep for smooth beam or what!!!!!

Anybody in MN let me know cause Im losing hope and its affecting my life and my job since I deal with people.

You probably see yourself much worse than others do. We tend judge ourselves more harsly than we do others.

I can't say what's best, but a low % of Lactic Acid wouldn't have much, if any downtime. I get a little pink, but I don't have any peeling. Glycolic Acid is also an Alpha Hydroxy Acid, and shouldn't have much downtime. Even low % of TCA can have a fair amount of peeling/downtime.

Hey, from your previous posts, I gather that a big part of your issue is pigmentation problems (e.g. checkerboard skin). I think there's some evidence of chemical peels working wonders on pigmentation issues. You have dark skin, no? You should be cautious of deep peels then, eh? :ph34r:

pigmentation is not the prob and what I meant by the checkerboard skin is where i used to have icepicks now i have little indents

yo you were from MN how the derm visit go

Well, the derm seemed like he was in a hurry. He gave me some stuff for treating acne, and seemed to want to get out of there to have his assistant explain the treatments to me. I asked him about scarring and options for that, but he said I would need to make another appointment for a consultation on that issue since the current appointment was covered by insurance and that was an aesthetic issue. I guess I can see his point, but I think he probably could have spent a couple minutes with me at least to give me some ideas. He mentioned something about microdermabrasion and lasers as he was leaving the room??? Anyway, I think I'll look elsewhere for the scar treatment. When I got back from the derm appointment, I called a Dr. Szachowicz in Edina. It seemed from his website that he is a proponent of using fat transfer for acne scars, which I am interested in. When I called his office, though, they told me to call this other number for another clinic where he does consultations for acne scars. I called there, and they tried to set me up with an appointment to see another doctor, Dr. Zelickson. They said that Dr. Szachowicz doesn't do acne scar treatment. Well, this kind of sketched me out, so I decided not to make the appointment. I looked up Zelickson on the American Medical Association website, and I can't find him there at all even though he has a website that says he is a member. I think I will keep looking. The AMA website had a few other doctors in the Twin Cities area that looked like they might be good...they specialize in facial plastic surgery and are certified by the Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (I think that's what it's called anyway - the one affiliated with the AMA). I have a list of three doctors here now, and I think I will call them all on Monday to set up consultations and just listen to what they have to say. There's my story...sorry this is so long.

hey john, I'm going to see Dr. Zelickson and I've heard that when it comes to skin he the man to talk to in MN. Hes the one that created vibraderm and i'm going to see in himin October... I read your other post about the dermabrasion and I advise you not to do it because of the fact there gonna derbrade the entire skin surface and why would you wanna tear up your good skin as in what I did.

I would go see Dr. zelickson and see what he says first because it seems hes the one that does a great amount of skin revision and also its a father and son team

I think its brian and AL zelickson, Brian is the son and I dont know if Alan is the father

vibraderm is a procedure that dr zelickson created and its mostly for acne and fine lines and wrinkles

I was recommended to zelickson by my last surgeon 4 dermatologists and the mayo clinc and ect

Well DermaDude,

I just set up a consultation with Zelickson. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that he will be an ethical guy. He seems to have good credentials anyway. Not sure why he isn't in the AMA database. My appointment is on Sept. 23, and they said there will be time for treatment if I decide to go through with it after the consultation. Sounds interesting anyway. I'll let you know what happens.

John