Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mz1290

5th month/6th month dilema

I made a similar post about this at the beginning of July. And now here i am almost at the end of my 5th month with 4 more pills left. My doctor had me on a 6 month plan but i asked if i could get away with 5. He told me most people that stay clear for 2 months (even if only for 5 total) are usually good to go.

My 4th and 5th month i was clear up until i this week when i went on vacation to the beach. I have a small pimple on my right cheek. I was wondering if yall thought this was enough evidence to decide to take the 6th month or not. I was at the beach for 4 days, didnt exactly have the best diet or stick to the avoiding alochol rule.

But none the less this little pimple mocks me and makes me second guess quitting my upcomming 6th month. Any responses would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Personally, I'd tough it out for the 6th month, or at least most of it. You never know.. Doing those last extra few weeks could definitely keep your skin clear for the long-term and prevent a relapse. The last thing you want is to have your acne come back 4 months from now and be like "Hmm what if I took that last month of pills and stuck with it?"

Also.. The thing about accutane and alcohol.. Its really debatable. On the Official Accutane Roche accutane hand-book thing that came with my pills under the "Things to avoid" type section it didn't list Alcohol anywhere in there, or in the entire booklet; nothing regarding alcohol during accutane. I found that interesting. One things for sure is don't drink alcohol heavily while on accutane. Having small amounts is however, up for debate.

Edited by Jxr

Thanks for the response. I see what you mean and it does make more sense. Just sucks in its own way i guess haha. I figure if i can still get a zit 5 months in, than its not 100% yet. And whats one more month of chapped lips.... Ill have to call and make an appointment with my derm monday. Thanks.

ya actually ended up cancelling my appointment. Its about an hour long drive for the visit and the appointment was the day before I move back into my college aparment in that city. It wouldve been miserable to make that drive back to back in 2 days haha. And my family just switched insurances so i wouldve had to go through that to.

I feel like one tiny pimple isnt something to freak about. My acne wasnt severe before accutane. Just consistently moderate. I guess 4 or 5 months from now we'll see.