Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cookiescrumble

Do you think I could clear my acne up by changing my diet?

Info:

- I'm 13 with genetic/hormonal acne. But I do know that when I eat certain foods they make me break out.

- I've had acne for 3 years.

- I've stopped washing my face with a cleanser I only wash with water because all the cleansers I've tried have just clogged my pores.

- I take Vitamin C and Omega 3 fish oil everyday.

- I do exfoliate 2-3 times a week because my face is oily. I exfoliate with baking soda.

- I truly believe that changing my diet with help my acne because I tend to eat junky foods, as of yesterday I've started cutting out almost all sugar and I don't eat any dairy except for yogurt.

What do you think?

Here are some pics.

post-126676-1281128368_thumb.jpg

post-126676-1281128383_thumb.jpg

post-126676-1281128396_thumb.jpg

post-126676-1281128368_thumb.jpg

post-126676-1281128383_thumb.jpg

post-126676-1281128396_thumb.jpg

I think diet has helped mine a lot. Processed, unnatural junk foods are always going to make things worse. They're just unhealthy in general, and our bodies weren't meant to eat that way. Also, you might have allergic reactions to some foods/food groups, which might be making things worse, such as dairy, wheat/gluten, etc. Try cutting them out for a bit and see if it helps. More natural foods will go a long way, and make sure you drink lots of water and eat things like lean proteins, fish, a healthy amount of vegetables everyday will help a lot too. Fruit is also great, just don't overdo it. I think if you have a very healthy diet, not only will your body become much healthier on the inside, but the outside as well. Good luck!