Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
falnhart

Does Accutane Cause or Enlargen Pores?

I've been on it for 2 months now for occasional cysts caused by stress, was on it back in 1995 also. I've noticed some very shallow pores on my nose now, where before I did not. My nose is usually unblemished and skin is perfect. When I gently stretch the skin, pores are gone. Not sure whether to attribute this to the hot climate, being summer, or Accutane? Also, this isn't permanent right? Plus, I'm having dermabrasion by Dr. Y. in Jan., so even though something that drastic is not needed for this, I'll have to have the nose done to even out the color with rest of face and perhaps this will be solved as well. Any comments? Anything else I could do now? I don't do anything for my face now, other than wash it with dove soap twice a day. I've heard of such things as copper peptides, peels and such, but not sure what to make of them.

I dont know what to make of it all ... some people are money hungry others are just plain helpful, you try to figure who is who... anyway I went to a skin consultation about a month ago suggesting a Green peel can help with superficial scars as well as enlarged pores...but you have to wait atleast 12 months after you have stopped taking isotretenion/accutane...dammit...how about keeping the skin cool with ice or a ice mask, or alow vera moisterizer? ... just a thought.

falnhart,

I just went to a dermatologist a couple of days ago, and it sounds like I have a similar problem to yours when it comes to active acne. I never had really huge breakouts, but always had one or two cysts someplace. My doctor put me on a sulfur cleanser called Rosanil, a topical antibiotic called Clindagel, and Retin-A micro. This regimen seems to have fixed my problem just like that. We shall see if it lasts. I'm afraid my skin will eventually adjust to it, and start producing more oil to compensate for the dryness, but in the mean time I'm amazed that I don't need to take oral antibiotics or accutane or any of that serious stuff. I don't know you or your situation or your doctor, so I don't want to say that this would work for you, but I would seriously consider getting off of that crazy accutane stuff if your acne isn't that serious. There may be other options????????

I corrected the pores on the nose with glycolic acid. They were all completely gone and skin on the nose is absolutely perfect. I think that the skin on the nose must have excellent healing abilities.