Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bumblebeeyoung

Product Recommendation for Combo Skin?

I just started the regimen and my face is drying out. The larger pimples dry out, but there are still smaller ones and my face is VERY dry. Anyone have any suggestions to alter the products I'm using? I have normal to dry cheeks but my tzone (esp my nose) gets VERY oily.

This is what I'm using:

Neutrogena Transparent Facial Bar, Acne-Prone Skin Formula Soap

Oxy Benzoyl Peroxide Spot Treatment (its :confused: 10% ) I KNOW he said 2% but this is all I had.

Clean & Clear Oil-Free Dual Action Moisturizer

I noticed the spot treatment is too harsh because my skin is very dry, especially mixed with the moisturizer which already has saliyclic acid in it. So I know I need to change that, any suggestions, preferably drugstore? Basically, I know I'm using the wrong combo of products. Any suggestions for combination skin? :D

I just started the regimen and my face is drying out. The larger pimples dry out, but there are still smaller ones and my face is VERY dry. Anyone have any suggestions to alter the products I'm using? I have normal to dry cheeks but my tzone (esp my nose) gets VERY oily.

This is what I'm using:

Neutrogena Transparent Facial Bar, Acne-Prone Skin Formula Soap

Oxy Benzoyl Peroxide Spot Treatment (its :confused: 10% ) I KNOW he said 2% but this is all I had.

Clean & Clear Oil-Free Dual Action Moisturizer

I noticed the spot treatment is too harsh because my skin is very dry, especially mixed with the moisturizer which already has saliyclic acid in it. So I know I need to change that, any suggestions, preferably drugstore? Basically, I know I'm using the wrong combo of products. Any suggestions for combination skin? :D

Try to start using less. It may be that you just started with too much at first. It might keep your t-zone more oily at first, but will let your skin get used to the BP's drying effects first.

That was probably the worst thing to ever happen to me when I was using BP. You have to stay atleast a full inch away from your eyes to keep them from getting so dry and wrinkly and dark and bags and etc, etc. I still have darkness, fine lines, and huge bags under my eyes from using BP and it's terrible. I found a good eye cream that has been helping alot. It's from The Body Shop and is the vitamin E eye cream. It took away the darkness in just a couple days (using it twice a day), which was nice. And now the bags and fine lines are fading.

But yeah, use less or just find a completely different product to use. One thing that has been very successful for me (and many other people) is AcneScript. Just saying.