Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nothing Too Yah

Last Minute Advice for Vacation with Friends

So tomorrow is the day where I'm going on vacation with my family, and two of my friend's family. We're going to share a house so kinda no privacy for MYSELF.

Facts

~I have acne scars

~I use makeup to cover them

~My friends have wayybetter skin than me. :rolleyes:

In the vacationthere will be swimming. Henceforth, my makeup may come off. Before when I would go swimming it would come off slightly but it didn't show the whole redness and scarryness of my acne as opposed to when I wash my face with a cleanser.

Me and my friends will be sharing our own room so they'll most likely see my whole face or I'll either sleep with a little bit of makeup on. I know it's bad but they'll probably talk about it when I'm not around if I don't. One of them is my best friend in the world and everyone calls her pretty and gorgeous and she kinda has high standards to when calling someone pretty. She also has perfect skin and I talk to her about my acne sometimes. but she hasn't seen the full extent to how bad my acne is.

If any of you gone through this please give me some advice.

Just any last minute advice before I do something gravely stupid. Thanks so much!

:ninja: imma ninja!

Me and my friends will be sharing our own room so they'll most likely see my whole face or I'll either sleep with a little bit of makeup on.
I understand what you're going through but you have to trust that if they're your real friends, they won't talk crap about you.

And, is that how you're going to spend your entire vacation? Hiding behind a curtain of makeup and trying to avoid from peple seeing the real you.. obviously not. Don't bother sleeping with makeup on or stressing--it will only make it worse.Trust me, hun, i've experienced kinda the same thing..i'm 13 and im one of the few people in my grade who have started breaking out.. not cool. i used the be REALLY self concious. but i realized that when i'm with my friends, we're all having wayy to much to care about our appearances, and you shouldn't let looks ruin a fun time..

besides, if these girls do say really bad things about you, then i recommend you go find better friends who won't be as cruel. friends aren't supposed to emotionally tear you down and that's the truth. You may think that your friend has 'perfect skin' but chances are that if your friend hasnt already had breakouts, then she's definately going to break out at some point

*im pretty sure that there IS water proof makeup available that you can wear if my pep talk doesn't work out but make sure to remove it every night before bed

POINT IS: don't fret, avoid wearing makeup to bed, remove all makeup if you do wear it, ask your friends what their skin care regimen is cause maybe(just maybe) it could work for you too, and don't pick what ever zits you do have or stress (cause stress is linked to acne)

Good luck hunnn and have fun <33 ~ Elliie