Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Claire1024

How long for pores to unclog?

Hi everybody!

Recently in order to combat my moderate acne I decided to do a total turn around in the way I was treating my skin and I began using a very very mild cleanser (composed entirely of natural oils and vegetable glycerin). I've noticed that since I've been doing that, my pores have become extremely clogged and I have blackheads everywhere! It has gotten especially bad in the past month as it has been extremely hot and humid outside, thus increasing sweat and oil production. Although I've had acne for 10 years, I've never had to deal with this level of clogged pores. This is entirely new for me. I am going back to a more "aggressive" treatment (though still pretty gentle), but using a better cleanser (although still mild) and using witch hazel, exfoliating twice a week and using a BHA treatment once a week. With these new changes, how long should it take for my pores to clear up? Is there some sort of timeline for the natural process of pore cleansing and how long it takes for sebum/dirt/sweat to come to the surface? Thanks in advance for any advice!

Hi everybody!

Recently in order to combat my moderate acne I decided to do a total turn around in the way I was treating my skin and I began using a very very mild cleanser (composed entirely of natural oils and vegetable glycerin). I've noticed that since I've been doing that, my pores have become extremely clogged and I have blackheads everywhere! It has gotten especially bad in the past month as it has been extremely hot and humid outside, thus increasing sweat and oil production. Although I've had acne for 10 years, I've never had to deal with this level of clogged pores. This is entirely new for me. I am going back to a more "aggressive" treatment (though still pretty gentle), but using a better cleanser (although still mild) and using witch hazel, exfoliating twice a week and using a BHA treatment once a week. With these new changes, how long should it take for my pores to clear up? Is there some sort of timeline for the natural process of pore cleansing and how long it takes for sebum/dirt/sweat to come to the surface? Thanks in advance for any advice!

Well first off i would just say since it's very humid right now i wouldnt use any oils on your face. It well take probably atleast 1 to 2 months though it will most likely take longer. I have comedonal acne (clogged pores) too. I used a product that clogged up my pores and i've been trying to get rid of it for almost 10 months. :( I started using a bha 5 weeks ago for the first 4 weeks i used it once a day and now i'm using it 2 a day. I have seen only little improvement, i hope that theses next three weeks my skin does a 360 but i doubt it. I recommend that you use your bha once a day at first for a month and see how your skin is if your not seeing improvement and if your skin can handle it go up to twice a day after two months if their little or no improvement you might want to try something stronger. I hope your skin clears up soon :)