Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chiefparten

Dryness in the morning

Hi, I've been using the regime for couple months now. Dans cleanser, BP and moisturizer + jojoba oil twice a day.

Lately though I find when i get up in the morning my face is really dry. Like really dry and flakey. I thought the moisturizer + jojoba oil was suppose to stop exactly this. Could there be anything I'm doing wrong. I usually use 1 and half or sometimes 2 pumps of moisturizer and a 7-10 drops of jojoba oil at night. Is that to much or something?

Hi, I've been using the regime for couple months now. Dans cleanser, BP and moisturizer + jojoba oil twice a day.

Lately though I find when i get up in the morning my face is really dry. Like really dry and flakey. I thought the moisturizer + jojoba oil was suppose to stop exactly this. Could there be anything I'm doing wrong. I usually use 1 and half or sometimes 2 pumps of moisturizer and a 7-10 drops of jojoba oil at night. Is that to much or something?

Some people say using AHA+ helps with flakiness and dryness. However, it tends to break me out so I stay with jojoba oil.

You can try doing a jojoba oil mask/scrub every night or every other night. I do this and it helps with extra dry and flaky skin. Here's the thread on how to do a jojoba oil mask/scrub.

The other factor it could be is water quality you're using. Skin on the regimen is extra fragile and things that before didn't irritate our skin, now will. If you have chlorine in your water system and/or are using hard water; your skin will be extra dry.

I have very dry skin naturally and jojoba oil usually keeps my face well hydrated despite my extreme dry skin. But ever since I moved to my new house that has a chlorinator attached to the water pipes, the water coming from our taps is full of chlorine which is a nice name for bleach. They sell chlorine filtering shower heads to prevent the bleach in the water from damaging your hair and skin. I actually just bought mine online yesterday from Bed, Bath, and Beyond for $30. So it might be something to look into for you as well.

Good luck :D

Are you using enough moisturizer? Don't be afraid to use a fair amount. You really don't want your skin to get dried out! Drying out your skin can cause your sebaceous glands to go into overdrive, thus creating more oil resulting in more acne.