Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chikyuu

Mentally segregating people by complexion.

Do you ever sometimes separate people with acne issues and people without it into two separate categories? Like "everyone's a little bit racist?" I do. I've even given them their own racial slur =P "Clearskins." Pretty pathetic XD But if you ever hang out with people and observe their habits you know what I mean. Such as today, I went to a friend's house and she took a shower in the middle of the day, and I saw one of those drugstore 10% bp "super creams" on her dresser. Plus her and her boyfriend look like one of the types of people who get ONE pimple, MAYBE, SOMETIMES. Like on tv.

Then you start to think "Yeah, *scoff*, you can just rub some 10% on your zit and it just disappears." Or when you spend half an hour doing a face routine and you feel weird when Mrs. Clearskin can use salicylic acne wash and never have a blemish. Or when they try to give you ADVICE. Then you just feel like either kicking them in the face or just laughing at their ignorance. A clearskin would never understand the HOURS of research you've done when they say something like "here, use this neutrogena acne foam! It totally works!"

I almost feel like a racist =P