Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iXtReMe

Accutane Tommorow? Hopefully

so i have a mild acne, but my skin has calmed down the past 2weeks, but they are weeks were my acne will come back with no mercy.

i want accutane because all they are giving me is temporary things, it wont fix the problem at all.

im going to tell my dermatologist to put me on 20mg of accutane.

How can i convince her that i need it, even tho my skin at the moment might be lookin good?

so i have a mild acne, but my skin has calmed down the past 2weeks, but they are weeks were my acne will come back with no mercy.

i want accutane because all they are giving me is temporary things, it wont fix the problem at all.

im going to tell my dermatologist to put me on 20mg of accutane.

How can i convince her that i need it, even tho my skin at the moment might be lookin good?

This might be difficult because isotretinoin is only supposed to be prescribed by medical professionals for severe scaring type acne. I guess the only way is to ask for ultra low dose e.g. 10mg 1-3 per week... so that there is less chance of serious side effects (which there are- make sure you do your research before jumping onto this med).

I really think long-term low dose oral Doxycycline e.g. 50mg day, would be better for mild acne. It takes about 2 months to kick in but tetracyclines are better suited to mild acne type and there is far less side effects/risks with it.

I would stay away from accutane for mild acne. Its not worth it.

Good news is that im going on accutane guys.

Trust me my skin has moderate acne. Wish me luck.

I would stay away from accutane for mild acne. Its not worth it.

Good news is that im going on accutane guys.

Trust me my skin has moderate acne. Wish me luck.

You said in your original post you had mild acne but now it's moderate? I did the same thing that you did when I was convinced I needed Accutane. Unfortunately I quit after about a month because the side effects I had were bad enough that I could hardly exercise. There is a reason this is meant for severe acne and I learned my lesson. If you are active seriously reconsider taking the drug. And by the way, what's the dosage?

Ahh yeah i'm glad that were able to get it! I just got my perscription today too, it was way easier then I thought it would be. I walked in and pretty much told her that my skin is shitty and i've tried everything and she told me accutane was the way to go. It must be easier in Canada because i was in and out with a rx in 10 mins.

THIS IS MY NEW ACCOUNT!

lol everyones skin reacts different. like my skin will be so nice at the beginning of the month, then 2weeks later, ill look horrible.

so yes my acne, goes mild-moderate every month. it's annoying.

Yes i plan on keeping a log. I'm still thinking about it.But if anything i can messege you my progress and my expirences.

iextreme. I have mild to moderate acne. Same idea mild then

two weeks later face is crazy...I am hopefully getting my prescription on august 10, 2010 and I fill it on august 12, 2010. I'm looking forward to your post since we are starting days apart.

Good Luck