Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JoeBloggs

What to do with this type of cyst?

I have a cyst on the right side of my mouth, it is not huge but it is a fair sized lump, its fairly hard when I run my finger over it, but its not inflamed. Its not red or swollen, it doesnt feel sore or hurt, in fact I wouldnt even know I had it unless I felt it with my fingers.

Ive had it for about a week or so now and its annoying me because its just sitting there not really doing anything, Id rather it develop into something at least then I know it would eventually go away, but for 7 days or so it has just sat there without doing anything and I guess the tension is getting to me lol.

Anyone have any advice? Ive been taking ibuprofen like twice a day almost every day along with other anti inflammatory foods and supplements (turmeric, cinnamon, green tea etc etc) but its not faded away like I had hoped, I havent yet tried a cold compress but I have a feeling it wont do much.

Anyone had this type of acne cyst before? I used to get cysts all the time ages ago, but they would always be inflamed to hell and go through the stages of a cyst, so Id always know whens abouts it would dissapear, but this one is tricky because its like a cyst, except it not inflamed at all.......I feel like it might sit on my face for the rest of eternity.

What would a hot compress do to it? ve used hot compresses on inflamed cysts in the past and they have worked quite well in bringing them to a head, but I dont know how well a hot compress would work on an uninflamed cyst?

Thanks in advance