Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pomegranate1

Something VERY mild to put on spots

Check it out:

P1100676.jpg

I get spots in EXACTLY the same place on either side under my mouth and have done for years. I guess that area of skin is permanently damaged by now. :(

I get spots from eating sugar. About ten days ago I had a load of energy drinks so I could actually get some work done but of course they are packed full of sugar so I got spots. I've still got the buggers though so I think that must have been the Kahlua...

Anyway, I cannot put any product on spots without making them worse. The only thing that's ever worked was some cream my mum had left over from the 1970s.

So I'm looking for something like that again. A very, very mild cream to put on whiteheads when I have them.

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

Ok, so there's no way to post images or links... :rolleyes:

From the "Getting Started On Acne.org" thread:

To add a picture to your post: Image tags (%7Boption%7D) have been disabled for some time, but you can add a picture to your post as an attachment by using the 'Attachments' tool, located directly under the text field when you're making a post. Simply upload the picture straight from your computer, use 'Manage Current Attachments' to add it to your post, and it will add a thumbnail image to your post (clicking on the image in the post will open a full size version of the image).

Thanks Ashley, though that's how I usually brush my teeth.

Actually, I felt a tingling sensation in them today that means they're on the way out.

I guess no more sweet cocktails for me.

I might try giving up milk too, as others on this forum have advised. White Russians... :think:

The energy drinks are not only bad because of the sugar but because thy put major stress on your kidneys and liver, your detoxifying pathways. All toxins are filtered out your kidneys and liver, drink milk thistle tea and purchase some barley greens. It is a green drink at health food stores and yes cut down on sugar. Sugar is known as the white death and it robs your body and skin. Topically, you could purchase dry clay from the health food store and tea tree oil, and white willow extract (liquid form), mix them in a paste and leave on every night, this while help draw out impurities. You can also make a cleanser at home with a mix of 1tbl olive oil, 1tbl honey, 1tbl kaolin clay (clay or flour), and water to make a paste, wash and rinse your skin and use a toner of 1tbl apple cider vinegar and 1/4 cup water to remove residue. This should help.

You can use something with Salycilic Acid on the spot like Effaclar AI. You can also go to the doc an apply some laser in that very zone so skin can heal the better (obviously when the zone is clear). If persist, you can use a little bit of BP an a soft moisturizer.

The energy drinks are not only bad because of the sugar but because thy put major stress on your kidneys and liver, your detoxifying pathways. All toxins are filtered out your kidneys and liver, drink milk thistle tea and purchase some barley greens. It is a green drink at health food stores and yes cut down on sugar. Sugar is known as the white death and it robs your body and skin. Topically, you could purchase dry clay from the health food store and tea tree oil, and white willow extract (liquid form), mix them in a paste and leave on every night, this while help draw out impurities. You can also make a cleanser at home with a mix of 1tbl olive oil, 1tbl honey, 1tbl kaolin clay (clay or flour), and water to make a paste, wash and rinse your skin and use a toner of 1tbl apple cider vinegar and 1/4 cup water to remove residue. This should help.

I have a milk thistle suppliment because I drink too much alcohol. I've been cutting down recently though. :whistle:

I've currently got some "young wheat leaves powder" which I think is the same as wheatgrass. I've used a similar product which was made from barley. Is the barley better?

Tea tree oil messes my skin up beyond belief.

I tried honey and ground cinammon recently, which also aggrevated my skin.

I have a milk thistle suppliment because I drink too much alcohol. I've been cutting down recently though. :whistle:

I've currently got some "young wheat leaves powder" which I think is the same as wheatgrass. I've used a similar product which was made from barley. Is the barley better?

Tea tree oil messes my skin up beyond belief.

I tried honey and ground cinammon recently, which also aggrevated my skin.

Tea tree isn't for everybody. Barley or wheatgrass are both good, make sure it is a green superfood. Make sure it is actually wheatgrass. I prefer barley grass over wheatgrass, it is mostly just preference. These are important because they help to akanize the body. Cinnamon would aggravate the skin as it is a heated herb. It would cause a lot of heat and aggravation if applied to the face. Try the honey with the extra virgin olive oil though, or if they EVOO scares you then try using just honey, flour and water to make a paste. You can't knock it till you try it! LOL