Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lovelost

help!!!! please

ive been drinking lemon for the past week...but is it okay if i have a energy drink every once in awhile? because the lemon cleans you liver and the caffenine messes with it i guess

Your guys help/advice?

please

Energy drinks give just about everyone acne...even people who aren't acne prone.

No it's not okay to have a piece of cake because you just ate a bowl of broccoli.

Energy drinks give just about everyone acne...even people who aren't acne prone.

No it's not okay to have a piece of cake because you just ate a bowl of broccoli.

ive been wondering...thats all...my mom just keeps buying me them...

and has lemon done anything for you?

I agreed with CheyCheyenne.

You don't need energy drinks. Complex carbohydrates give you energy, so consider that. :)

Edited by EddieE

I agreed with CheyCheyenne.

You don't need energy drinks. Complex carbohydrates give you energy, so consider that. :)

im not say that....but what is lemon good for for acne?

There are several subject posts on the boards about lemon, most in the holistic section, try searching for it.

And yes, totally agreed - my friend always breaks out a day or two after having an energy drink, and she never gets acne ever except for that.

There are several subject posts on the boards about lemon, most in the holistic section, try searching for it.

And yes, totally agreed - my friend always breaks out a day or two after having an energy drink, and she never gets acne ever except for that.

so this means i cant have my sweet necture?...is there anything i can to to prevent the breakout exept not drinking?

I've never experienced any benefits from drinking lemon water or eating lemons. I also have never been skeptical about it and eat lemons randomly when I feel like it. I've heard about a lot of people having success with juicing about half a lemon and mixing it with 2 cups of water or a water bottle and drinking it first thing in the morning. Try to drink it through a straw as it can damage your enamel. I've applied lemon topically but never really took the time to see if it was working.

Sadly, all I can really say is to not drink it, sorry. Maybe if you water it down a bunch (like 1 can energy drink, 5 cans water) and eat a bunch of food with it then you wouldn't break out, but it would leave no point in having an energy drink. Try green tea. It's cleansing and can give you energy.

Agreed, lemon never really did too much for me either. All it really does internally though is cleanse your body, so it would help then it's your getting acne from a toxin build up.

Sadly, all I can really say is to not drink it, sorry. Maybe if you water it down a bunch (like 1 can energy drink, 5 cans water) and eat a bunch of food with it then you wouldn't break out, but it would leave no point in having an energy drink. Try green tea. It's cleansing and can give you energy.

Agreed, lemon never really did too much for me either. All it really does internally though is cleanse your body, so it would help then it's your getting acne from a toxin build up.

welll i drink like more than a gallon of water a day....so.....it should help and then lemon at night...coupled with my multivitimin...

Edited by lovelost

It's supposed to be drank first thing in the morning as I said in my previous post.

Agreed. And as for the energy drink; I think it needs to be diluted in the water to keep your body from absorbing the stuff in it. Which would make it not break you out, but also defeat the purpose of an energy drink.

It's supposed to be drank first thing in the morning as I said in my previous post.

Agreed. And as for the energy drink; I think it needs to be diluted in the water to keep your body from absorbing the stuff in it. Which would make it not break you out, but also defeat the purpose of an energy drink.

i had no idea it was supposed to be used in the morning....why is that?

i had no idea it was supposed to be used in the morning....why is that?

Something about your stomach being empty and it cleaning out your system before you eat. I've also never done this because I'm extremely hungry when I wake up and you have to wait about an hour for this to move through your system.

I know a great deal of people who drink energy drinks and never break out from them.

Not that anybody should drink them - just that they don't give "just about everyone" acne.