Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kopp00

Always waiting for a new spot

Whenever there is a short period of time where I don't have any new spots and my skin's looking slightly okay, I'm pleased. But I'm always anxious, and expecting a new spot every morning and when I don't see one, it makes me nervous. It's hard work trying to keep my skin in top condition. I wish I could just stop worrying and enjoy having no spots before I get a breakout again but I can't help it.

Sometimes I feel not normal when I don't have a spot. Weird? I mean, I'd love to have the perfect skin but I just can't see it ever happening. I'm used to spots and every few times my skin is free of spots, I do my utmost to make sure no new ones appear. And then when I do get a new spot, I'm disappointed but I sort of feel normal again, like I've been expecting it. I don't really understand why I'm always waiting for a new spot.

Does anyone else feel like this?

Yeah I know what you mean, but maybe as time goes on whenever you clear your skin you'll get more used to seeing yourself clear and hopefully you won't worry about it too much.

Have you ever thought that your stress over not being broken out is breaking you out further?

Perhaps you should try not looking in the mirror for a day, or longer if you can. You will find that you feel a lot better about your skin than you would if you spent hours upon hours staring and worrying about new possible zits.

I rarely look in the mirror because I don't want to and I know that me stressing out can make it worse for my skin so I try really hard to not think about it, and only manage to for about a few hours.

I need to look in the mirror every morning and night to do my regimen and when I see no spots at the end of the day, I'm just so overwhelmed but happy and then I have this panicky feeling in my mind because I want it to stay like that forever.

I do feel more relaxed than before though, because when I think back to a few years ago, I remember how much worse my skin used to be and I'd never stop thinking about it/touching my face. I'm thankful that my skin is at least improving, if not perfect. I'd just hate for it to improve and then go back to being awful again.

Sometimes I can't sleep because I stay up thinking my skin is going to be worse when I wake up. Probably is a factor, but I can't seem to shut it off.

Yup, I'm crazy.

I always feel this way. But I havent even had a few clear days in a very long time. I do know the feeling though. You finally think that you found something that works and then BAM a new breakout and its back to square one. The best thing I can think to say is to cherish the clear days and do what you want before you breakout again.

Edited by soxfan24