Notifications
Clear all

Trying to get healthy after Accutane

MemberMember
(@leesett)

Posted : 08/05/2010 2:18 pm

I just finished a course of Accutane about 3 months ago and I need to get healthy. I was taking fish oil and stopped because I read that it contains high amounts of vitamin A ( I have plenty of that thanks to Accutane). I read that vitamin B-complex was good for hair, skin, nails and stress. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

MemberMember
(@leesett)

Posted : 08/05/2010 2:22 pm

I just wanted to add, I drink tons of water and eat lots of veggies and fruits. Sleep is a problem . I like the idea of taking a vitamin supplement on a daily basis, my main concerns are stress,hair and nails. Any advice?

MemberMember
(@leesett)

Posted : 08/05/2010 3:31 pm

Doing some research on wheatgrass. Any input would be great!

MemberMember
(@autonomousone1980)

Posted : 08/05/2010 6:32 pm

getting rid of stress is good for stress.

just kidding, only so much you can do here, vitamins minerals mostly from the right foods i suggest organic, get the best supplements, forget the wheatgrass, not necessary.

vitamin d is pretty important, some have reported their accutane joint pain that lingered to go away after vit d, but who knows if thats true.

vitamin k is often over looked, life extension super k is great.

excercise, then pursue happiness, which is usually found in asscociation with people/relationships, basically follow your free will and do what feels good, feeling good is healthy for you.

MemberMember
(@cheycheyenne)

Posted : 08/05/2010 8:07 pm

My nails haven't broke once since I added healthy fats into my diet (coconut oil, olive oil, anything that's not trans fat really). It could have either been that or the iron that I've been getting from my meat and leafy greens. They used to be pretty brittle and now the only way they break is if I accidentally cut them with a knife while chopping veggies. Not sure if my hair improved...I've been washing it everyday since I run everyday for the most part but if you skip days (especially if your hair doesn't get oily anymore since you've been on accutane) you'll see amazing results. Your ends will for sure be more hydrated. If not just put a small squirt of argan oil or olive oil on your tips and rub it through.

MemberMember
(@moo2)

Posted : 08/28/2013 3:52 am

Hey,

I'm just wondering is it safe to take Hair, Skin and Nails Vitamins after being Roaccutane (Accutane)?

I finished my 6 month course on 31/05/13 and my mum bought me these vitamins from Boots to hopefully give my hair, skin and nails a boost - try to get my hair to grow a wee bit quicker, nails to stay strong and skin to stay clear - but I took fear that they'd have an adverse effect on me instead. Or that there'd be more side effects than benefits of taking them.

Can anybody help me? :)

MemberMember
(@biggs881)

Posted : 08/28/2013 4:00 am

Hey,

I'm just wondering is it safe to take Hair, Skin and Nails Vitamins after being Roaccutane (Accutane)?

I finished my 6 month course on 31/05/13 and my mum bought me these vitamins from Boots to hopefully give my hair, skin and nails a boost - try to get my hair to grow a wee bit quicker, nails to stay strong and skin to stay clear - but I took fear that they'd have an adverse effect on me instead. Or that there'd be more side effects than benefits of taking them.

Can anybody help me? smile.png

Should be fine

MemberMember
(@bluemoon3)

Posted : 08/28/2013 6:57 am

Usually these "combination packs" for skin, hair and nails contain a selection of essential vitamins that you'd probably take separately otherwise (such as zinc, vitamin C, and B vitamins). I doubt they'd do much harm. You could research reviews on the brand beforehand too.