Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Balance Bird

Not enough fiber and Constipation lead to acne?

Well, I most definitely think that it does. I mean when i scat more my skin is better. And the american dieter does not get enough fiber at all. Eat some candy feel full? Well then you would never eat any fiberious things if you feel full. We need to make sure we are working that daily amount of 30-to 40g in! It seems like a lot because we just barely get 10 grams a day!

I am going to try to increase my fiber with bran cereals and such.

Coconut oil, it was extra virgin 100 percent, but it clogged my pores. My skin is back to normal now. Raisins increase fiber very well, and the natural sugar is ok i think. We can't get rid of all sugars.

ANy good bran cereals anyone recommend? I love that apple cinnamon oatmeal. Yum Yum, with some almond milk and cinnamon! Good stuff!

The truth is that most americans are eating sufficient amounts of fiber (30g+). The studies that claim that americans are eating 11g-14g of fiber, are biased.

The best way to get your fiber is to through baked greens and several fruits such as berries, apples..etc. http://www.wehealny.org/healthinfo/dietary...ntentchart.html

I can't recommend a good bran cereal but you can try making your own cereal with bran. I usually make a fruit parfait with loads of oatmeal.

Edited by shoes

I always though this was true as well. Higher metabloism is better, especially to get rid of toxins. But I still break out sometimes even though I have a high metabolism.

Stole this from a website: http://www.crossfitworks.com/archives/352

"Here is the approximate fiber content, based on the carb blocks, of one of my own 9 block Paleo-Zone days:

Breakfast:

1 block cabbage=6g fiber, 1 block onions=2g fiber, 1/2c raspberries=5g fiber. Total=13g fiber

Lunch:

1 block lettuce=6g fiber, 1 block steamed broccoli=7g, 1 block celery=16g. Total=29g fiber.

Supper:

1 block beets=2.5g fiber, 2 blocks beet greens=8g fiber. Total=10.5g fiber.

That is a crazy 52.5g of fiber!"

Thanks guys! I have been eating about 9 grams of fiber of peaches and cream oatmeal, plus taking Metamucil, plus my raisins. Everything looks pretty good (my skin), but i don't want to jinx myself :)

Thanks guys! I have been eating about 9 grams of fiber of peaches and cream oatmeal, plus taking Metamucil, plus my raisins. Everything looks pretty good (my skin), but i don't want to jinx myself :)

Try substituting your metamucil with a tonne of vegis. Vegetables are imo the best best best way to get fiber. Leafy greens + cruciferious all the way.

I have thought this also... but you won't know any results until after doing this for 2 or 3 months. You need at least 30+ daily. Keep us updated!

Edited by Senor

One thing I have learnt recently is that most fiber products (Generic Psyllium, Benefiber, Metamucil) will worsen Leaky Gut and therefore cause more acne.

You have to get an INSOLUBLE fiber kind, like pure Cocoa powder, chia powder, or hemp powder.

The Metamucil products are soluble and not good for leaky gut.

References:

Shiau, S.Y. and G.W. Chang, Effects of certain dietary fibers on apparent permeability of the rat intestine. J Nutr, 1986. 116(2): p. 223-32.

Eisenhans, B. and W.F. Caspary, Differential changes in the urinary excretion of two orally administered polyethylene glycol markers (PEG 900 and PEG 4000) in rats after feeding various carbohydrate gelling agents. J Nutr, 1989. 119: p. 380-387.

Gyory, C.P. and G.W. Chang, Effects of bran, lignin and deoxycholic acid on the permeability of the rat cecum and colon. J Nutr, 1983. 113: p. 2300-2307.

Spaeth, G., et al., Food without fiber promotes bacterial translocation from the gut. Surgery, 1990. 108(2): p. 240-6.

One thing I have learnt recently is that most fiber products (Generic Psyllium, Benefiber, Metamucil) will worsen Leaky Gut and therefore cause more acne.

You have to get an INSOLUBLE fiber kind, like pure Cocoa powder, chia powder, or hemp powder.

The Metamucil products are soluble and not good for leaky gut.

References:

Shiau, S.Y. and G.W. Chang, Effects of certain dietary fibers on apparent permeability of the rat intestine. J Nutr, 1986. 116(2): p. 223-32.

Eisenhans, B. and W.F. Caspary, Differential changes in the urinary excretion of two orally administered polyethylene glycol markers (PEG 900 and PEG 4000) in rats after feeding various carbohydrate gelling agents. J Nutr, 1989. 119: p. 380-387.

Gyory, C.P. and G.W. Chang, Effects of bran, lignin and deoxycholic acid on the permeability of the rat cecum and colon. J Nutr, 1983. 113: p. 2300-2307.

Spaeth, G., et al., Food without fiber promotes bacterial translocation from the gut. Surgery, 1990. 108(2): p. 240-6.

That soundsds so good, pure cocoa powder in rice milk, mmmm! Where ever can i find the likes of it though?

So i have been pooping way more, regularly, and i just got myperiod and went about 5 times in the last 5 hours! It has somethign to do with the muscles and some hormone that stimulates poop. But anyways i haev never been this clear on a period. Ha i am still keeping up with my tona fiber a day too! It is really working guys!

The only thing is, i had some weird bumps on the back of my nack, not necesarily acne like, just hairlineish, and id ont use hair product or anythign to cause them. I exfoliated and made them better, but idk what they were. I have gotten them before too.

Edited by Crystaltheparislover

I am adding to this after so long, I kinda of just stopped the fiber thing a while ago, I have no idea why. Well it was hard cause my dad (single parent) never bought veggies I liked, but I go to the store myself now, and well I buy things I like. I still need more fiber ideas right now, ahaha. I am really liking whole grains, and these little oatmeal squares. I eat salad, and potatoes. I need to stay regular. For the first time in my life I am making sense of what my body needs and is telling me and I am eating right. I need to make my body have a pattern so that it is healthy. So I must stick to my natural fiber ways! YAY! Perfectness is almost here.