Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kat_nicole

1 week until I start generic brand of accutane... fingers crossed!

Hello friends!

I have been coming to acne.org for a while now for advice on my acne. I had a flawless face in high school, and then nursing school decided to wreck havoc on my face! (grrrrrr.......!) I have tried proactiv (it sucked), antibiotics, creams, lotions, vitamins, all fruit and veggies diet.... everything!!! Accutane is a last resort for me, as it is for many people. I go for my blood and pregnancy tests Monday, so hopefully I will get my prescription filled that day. :pray:

I will include pics to show everyone how bad my acne is... and how tired and disgusting nursing school has made me look ha! When I start next week, I plan on using a simple cleanser (maybe noxzema), vitamin e capsules, dr. dan's cortibalm, and a moisturizer with spf 15 at least... any product suggestions?

I hope some of you will follow my experience and offer words of encouragement.... I will need it!!

post-134990-1280884584_thumb.jpg

post-134990-1280884592_thumb.jpg

post-134990-1280884584_thumb.jpg

post-134990-1280884592_thumb.jpg

Congrats on soon to be starting your course!!

I am so happy that you are starting now while you skin looks the way it does because mine looked identical to that in about January and that's when I started with a naturopathic route...my skin got so much worse and by Feb-March it was covering all of my cheeks as well. If I could go back in time I would have started Accutane back in January and not waited for July. I guess everything happens for a reason.. and I feel better now knowing that I tried everything possible for my skin before resorting to Accutane. Anyway, I'm very happy that you will be avoiding what I went through because it was terrible.

I would recommend using Cetaphil instead of Noxema (I wouldn't classify Noxema as a simple cleanser and while on Accutane you will definitely need something very mild and gentle). Stock up on lip ointment..either vaseline or aquaphor (not sure what's available where you live). I had dry eyes for a couple of days, so I was using Visine for that. Um what else...oh! you will need a good body lotion..I use St Ives lotion with vitamin e. I am also taking vitamin e and glucosamine at least 3-4 hours away from my Accutane and with food.

Hope this helps!!

Edited by Angela1985