Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Surrender

I'm about to start Accutane.

Hi.

I'm a 16 year old guy, and I was recently told by my Dermatologist that pretty much the only thing that can cure my acne right now, is Accutane.

Should I be scared? I mean, I know they monitor you as you do it (monthly blood work etc..) but should I really be panicking over it? I mean, I really want my acne gone.. I've been prescribed acne medication before, mylan-minocycline. I've taken many creams.. Benzyl Peroxide, Stievamycin etc..

Nothing is working.

Both doctor, dermatologist, and my sister have all recommended Accutane to get rid of it, it's pretty severe. And it's really bothering me.

Thanks.

Hellooo :)

I've been visiting this site for a while and this is my first ever post. I am about to start accutane in a week, so we can share the experience together. I am a 20 year old female with moderate hormonal acne. I am nervous as well, and I am going to keep a log. Keep me updated on your progress! And good luck!

Hellooo :)

I've been visiting this site for a while and this is my first ever post. I am about to start accutane in a week, so we can share the experience together. I am a 20 year old female with moderate hormonal acne. I am nervous as well, and I am going to keep a log. Keep me updated on your progress! And good luck!

Cool :)

We'll let eachother know how it goes!