Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sshardlow

Simple question on peoples rsults from accutane

Hi i have been taking accutane for five months and wondered whether everyone experiences a complete clear up of acne when they finish??

My question is simple.. Should i be worried my acne although not active spots at the moment has not gone and i am significantly scarred with some spots that will not heal..???

It has improved but not cleared leaving me with smooth feeling skin (no bumps) but scars and redness from old spots..

Edited by sshardlow

my oil came back 10 months later

Ok but was your face cler when you finished the treatment??? Cos i have no oil atm but still scars and stuff??

acne will most like not come back. you will get probaly 1 or 2 pimple per Month, which is normal.

after you are finish, your scars and redness will fade dramatically. Acne will most likely not come backk. 95% of patients are clear for ever

my oil came back 10 months later

Ok but was your face cler when you finished the treatment??? Cos i have no oil atm but still scars and stuff??

yes, i have break outs again. and im 108 pounds and was on for 6 months at 40-60mgs. i dotn get it.

I don't know about the 95% clearing forever thing but the redness will go down once you are off accutane.

I don't agree that the scars will fade dramatically. Will they get better? Probably, but scars are scars.

I wouldn't worry about it so much. I was in the same situation as you when I finished my first course of accutane. Red marks will go down/away and scars might improve but depending on severity, they could remain.