Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
duluxdog

Age when you could grow a beard?

This is an unusual topic, but how old were you males when you could grow decent thick stubble all over your face? I realised I could cover most of my scars if I could grow some decent stubble .. but nature doesn't allow me yet since i'm not old enough i suppose. plus it would look pretty cool :ph34r:

thanks"!

I'm 18 at the moment and can grow a visible beard in about a week.. It varies from person to person.

I don't think your idea will work cause hair growth is very weak in the areas affected by acne. I don't remember having seen a single hair around a pimple!

i was 16 or 17 when i started getting serious stubble/shaving every other day etc.

although everyone is diffrent, i have friends who are 21 and still not even the slightest of hints of hair growth.

My skin alway looks a lot better after I've shaved.

You'll still be able to notice your acne under stubble etc, and the chances are hair growth could aggravate the area even more.

I don't want to growa beard, I'm 15 and don't have to shave yet but I like it cause that would mean one more thing to worry about during the regimen thing. anywyas I like my face its sexy how it is wink.gif

acne+ facial hair = disaster u may think it would cover em up but I think it just makes it more cluterred and stuff :think: other people have said that too so I dunoo

Shaving's such a fucking hassle, believe me.

It used to be quite exciting when I was growing up, a bit of a novelty, and obviously, something that would make you look older.

But now, it's nothing but a pain.

Shaving is a pain in the ass. I agree completely.

I could have been completely clear by now if I hadn't to shave.

I grew a short little beard and it's great for covering up bad skin. It's true a little stuble won't cover it up, but a short beard will. Plus after growing a beard and not f'ing with my skin ever under the hair, when I saved it was a lot clearer than other areas.

I'm 30 and still can't grow a really good beard. When my facial hair is short, it tends to accentuate the deeper scars under my chin. When it is long it covers pretty good, but looks like a hippy or something, and grows uneven. In some places, I get no hair growth still even though I never had acne there. It's really weird. Maybe some people were just not meant for beards. I have blond hair too. It seems rare to see blonde people with good facial hair.

I started to get serious stubble around 18-19 years old. Yes it does cover up scars but it cant cover up spots.

And Gerhard, your wrong about the pimple hair growth thing. Wherever i have had a pimple, I have had a hair growing out of it so thats not necessarily true.