Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
belbie0606

Can I refrigerate the BP?

Hi all. So just two days ago, I started using Dan's BP. It's really hot and humid now where I live, so I think the BP is possibly runnier than it is normally. I used to use the skiniD BP, but ran out. It had a relatively thick consistency, so it stayed put on my face, dried faster, and I was able to apply less but get a great effect. Dan's BP is so quite watery on the contrary, and I am having a hard time applying a full fingers length without wasting half of it on my fingers (the excess doesnt stick onto my face, it just runs down my hands).

So my question is, is it okay to refrigerate the BP to make it a thicker consistency (temporarily of course)???? Or is there a way the formula can become a bit thicker?

Thanks! I've now been using the BP for about a week AND refrigerating it. My face is stinging a lot though compared to before. Is this possibly due to the refrigerating, or maybe I'm a little sunburnt because it's summer and I'm out in the sun all day? Either way, what should I do? Theres almost no flaking, just pain when I apply the BP and a stiff feeling on my sections of my face throughout the day. Should I keep it on for 10 minutes like I always do and bear the pain, or decrease the amount of BP?

Oh sorry no I meant since Dan recommends us to let the BP dry for 10 to 15 minutes before applying moisturizer, should I wait a little less for the BP to dry before moisturizing

Ah, gotcha. Actually, some people find that moisturizing too soon after applying BP can irritate their skin even more. I think your best bet would be to wait the recommended 5-15 minutes, and then, if your face feels stiff or dry throughout the day, go ahead an add a little extra moisturizer.

Adding a few drops of Jojoba Oil to your moisturizer may help with this, as well.

Really? Wow okay I didn't know this! Thanks so much. And I think my skin may be getting used to the BP because nowadays it doesn't sting my eyes or dry out my skin as much. I guess patience is key :)

Yep, patience is definitely a huge part of it. It takes time for skin to adjust to BP. Your skin will be in a completely different place in a month, I'm sure of it. You just have to baby it for now. Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! ; )