Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jujilover

just plain water

Hi....I've been on Acne.org for as long as i can remember. I have to say that you guys helped me through some tough times. i had real bad cystic and nodular acne which went away thanks to Tazorac. after that, i still needed to maintain/control my skin so it was back to BP and various face washes. Now a few months ago my acne came back, no cysts (thankfully) but basically waht some may classify as "adult acne". i became more and more desperate as my skin got more and more irritated and inflamed...finally i just went cold turkey! i just started washing my face with plain old tap water....at first it was a little weird for me because it didnt provide that "squeaky clean" feeling I've come to depend on for assurance that i wont break out. but i have to tell you, it's been a month and my face has never looked better. it's like the oil has finally balanced out (i have horrifically oily skin) and i have to say it's improved 10 fold. its the dead of summer, i have powder makeup on my face and i just use water to wash it off and im good...

i realized that i dont need all those medications anymore...just a clean, balanced face...who knew?

just try it....it cant' hurt....and believe me i was terrified!!!

Hi....I've been on Acne.org for as long as i can remember. I have to say that you guys helped me through some tough times. i had real bad cystic and nodular acne which went away thanks to Tazorac. after that, i still needed to maintain/control my skin so it was back to BP and various face washes. Now a few months ago my acne came back, no cysts (thankfully) but basically waht some may classify as "adult acne". i became more and more desperate as my skin got more and more irritated and inflamed...finally i just went cold turkey! i just started washing my face with plain old tap water....at first it was a little weird for me because it didnt provide that "squeaky clean" feeling I've come to depend on for assurance that i wont break out. but i have to tell you, it's been a month and my face has never looked better. it's like the oil has finally balanced out (i have horrifically oily skin) and i have to say it's improved 10 fold. its the dead of summer, i have powder makeup on my face and i just use water to wash it off and im good...

i realized that i dont need all those medications anymore...just a clean, balanced face...who knew?

just try it....it cant' hurt....and believe me i was terrified!!!

I pretty much do the same. I still get breakouts but my skin is far less irritated with just using plain water. Glad it worked out for you. There are a few threads about this, so seems to work for a lot of ppl.