How long should you...

Notifications
Clear all

How long should you stay on the regimen?

MemberMember
(@sami5)

Posted : 08/02/2010 11:05 pm

Hi everyone,So I've just started the regimen and I'm wondering what happens after your face clears up? do you still use the full amount of BP? even if you don't have acne? how long should you continue the regimen? does the amount change after you have cleared up? sorry for asking too many questions at once it's just because I want something to stick to with the rest of my life and not having to worry about acne anymore! I appreciate any help from you guys!

MemberMember
(@cest-la-vigne)

Posted : 08/02/2010 11:40 pm

From the FAQs:

Q: The Regimen worked, and I am clear now. Do I need to keep using the benzoyl peroxide?

A: Yes, benzoyl peroxide will prevent new outbreaks. There is no topical cure for acne, just ongoing treatment.

Even after you're clear, keep using the BP to maintain your skin. Some people are able to gradually use slightly less BP after they're clear, but it's important to make sure you're staying consistently clear before altering any Regimen steps.

MemberMember
(@sami5)

Posted : 08/03/2010 10:36 am

Thanks for the reply,I am currently on week one using neutrogena on the spot once a day at night with 2/3 of a finger,I wanted to know what if I still use it once a day on week 2 with a full finger and keep it that way until my face clears up?? and will it work?and can I gradually decrease the amount as my face becomes clear? I don't care about it taking longer I just want it to work, I just don't want my face to get used to the bp and in other words depend on it! that's actually one problem I have with the regimen! it's just that your face being clear depending on a harsh chemical like bp doesn't seem right!will it break out all over again if you don't use bp a day or two? specially that I've heard it makes your skin age faster and i don't want that to happen because I'm only 20!

MemberMember
(@skip-atwater)

Posted : 08/03/2010 11:44 am

I don't think your face becomes dependent on a particular product; rather, your face staying clear depends on using generous amounts of BP because it's the BP that gets rid of acne. Cleansers and moisturizers rarely "treat." It's the BP that's keeping your face clear. You may be able to get away with using less, but if you start breaking out, it's probably because you're not using enough BP.

Sometimes, you have to make compromises.

MemberMember
(@dwausa)

Posted : 08/03/2010 1:07 pm

I have been on the regimen for about 4 years now. Pretty much you stay on untill you either growout of acne or a cure is found. I have had clear skin for the better part of a year now. Before that though I could have had clear skin for much longer, I just kept trying different methods of the regimen. Such as only using the regimen at night, skipping bp every other day, taking bp out of the regimen completely. All of these ended up in breakouts. The tried and true method of the regimen (Cleanser, BP, Moisturizer once in the morning and once at night everynight) is the best way to get clear and keep clear.

It sucks that I have to use the regimen but its either use the regimen or have massive breakouts. Fortunately Dan's products work great and are reasonably priced.

MemberMember
(@kat-kerfuffle)

Posted : 08/04/2010 10:46 am

I've been on the regimen for over 4 years and still do it religiously every morning and every night. The best way to treat acne is to prevent it; and if your face is clear and you suddenly stop using what cleared your face in the first place; you're probably going to breakout.

Good luck :)

MemberMember
(@sami5)

Posted : 08/05/2010 11:35 pm

Thank you so much for the reply guys! you were a big help! I guess I gotta figure out what works best for my skin a little patients is needed to find the regimen for every skin!

MemberMember
(@chepy)

Posted : 02/11/2021 4:49 am

I have been using the acne.org products (cleanser, BP, and moisturizer) for 4 years.I was wondering if it's okay to continue using it forever since it's the only product that has worked for me since I experienced acne in my late 30s. I am in my early 40s now and my skin could not be better! The only thing that is not consistent is that I don't always use it morning and night. Mostly only mornings. Thanks and good to know that I can continue with acne.org as my lifetime facial product.