Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
atokyolove7

help for people without insurance.

hi everyone.

i am a 20 year old female who has been struggling with severe cystic acne for 6 years. i've tried everything from the derm. my last hope is accutane i can't afford it out of pocket and i have read many of you have got it for cheap with insurance so i was wondering what insurance companies cover it? how expensive is it? PLEASE HELP ME!

It will cost you $300 U.S or more for a month of Accutane without insurance (typically higher than that, lots of people its cost up to $600 without insurance). With insurance I got it for like $28 or less monthly (my insurance gives me 80% off the price of prescription drugs). I'd just call up Blue Shield if I were you. They're a decent health insurance provider in California. I know this because I traveled there etc. If you want a decent health care plan you'l pay around $100 per month for an individual. Family plans are more pricey. Getting an individual health insurance plan to cover you for prescription drugs can save you like $400 or more per month on your accutane. I'd definitely look to do that.

Have a look and browse this page:

https://www.blueshieldca.com/bsc/findaplan/ifp/look/

Fill out this application form if you want an individual health insurance quote from Blue Shield:

https://bscapply.com/phx/action/consumer?_D...rocessDelay.jsp

There you are :] Anymore questions feel free to ask.

Edited by Jxr

WTH? 3 months worth of pills cost $120 in Canada. Weird. No insurance either, to the OP I suggest you get a job.

Edited by SClippers

It will cost you $300 U.S or more for a month of Accutane without insurance (typically higher than that, lots of people its cost up to $600 without insurance). With insurance I got it for like $28 or less monthly (my insurance gives me 80% off the price of prescription drugs). I'd just call up Blue Shield if I were you. They're a decent health insurance provider in California. I know this because I traveled there etc. If you want a decent health care plan you'l pay around $100 per month for an individual. Family plans are more pricey. Getting an individual health insurance plan to cover you for prescription drugs can save you like $400 or more per month on your accutane. I'd definitely look to do that.

Fill out this application form if you want an individual health insurance quote from Blue Shield:

Are you on BCBS...? That's what I'm on and I'd KILL for this to be less than $30 a month. My dad will be thrilled.

Are you on BCBS...? That's what I'm on and I'd KILL for this to be less than $30 a month. My dad will be thrilled.

Blue Cross presently. Yeah.

$100/mo? Are you kidding me? Insurance that covers prescriptions, such as Blue Cross Blue Shield, costs $300-$400/month for an individual. Right now my employer is paying a large portion so I only pay $100/month, but I'm losing my healthcare when I go part time in a few weeks and all the "cheap" plans ($150-$250/mo) do not cover rxs and definitely do not cover Accutane or its generics.

Edited by lovelycrimsonred

$100/mo? Are you kidding me? Insurance that covers prescriptions, such as Blue Cross Blue Shield, costs $300-$400/month for an individual. Right now my employer is paying a large portion so I only pay $100/month, but I'm losing my healthcare when I go part time in a few weeks and all the "cheap" plans ($150-$250/mo) do not cover rxs and definitely do not cover Accutane or its generics.

Hello Lovely and to anyone else:

If you or any of you are having issues obtaining costly accutane, my suggestion would be to purchase the drug from a legit online pharmacy in Canada. The prices in Canada are WAY WAY less than American rates. There is alot of bad talk about obtaining accutane from online sources, and the reality is there ARE alot of bad places that will sell you sugar pills under the guise of Accutane. The most important thing to remember to look for 1) does the online pharmacy require a valid prescription? 2) is the website certified and licensed ? ---you can pay a visit to countless online pharmacies, but generally if they're licensed and require a valid prescription than you're good. I use 2 websites, both of which have been great. Northwestpharmacy.com and bigmountaindrugs.com-

I pay 78.00 for a 30 day supply of generic accutane- Both these sites require a valid prescription but can be a lifesaver for those of you who are without insurance and don't feel like selling your first born child to obtain Accutane.

Regards,

Rod