Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
recoverme

Just bought a Juicer...

I just bought a 40 dollar juicer from wal-mart.

I create my own V-8 with organic greens and fruit from Whole Foods..

REAL FOOD.. I don't even get hungry after I drink a shake.

Just wanted to share, and I hope I clear up soon! Also JUICING IS FUN!

I don't get juicers, wouldn't a blender be better, and make smoothies? You get all the pulp, which has fibre and tons of nutrients(skin) I assume. Can anyone jump in and tell me the magic of juicers? Still, a good investment regardless.

I want a food processor, now that is where raw food is made.

What sort of vegetables are you using? I just recently started juicing so I'm looking for new additions. So far I've been juicing cabbage, ginger, dino kale, apples, and carrots. I've been using organic as well. Can't say if it's been helpful for my skin but I definitely have more energy.

Honestly, this video clip changed my life. Someone posted in another thread I read... I bought a juicer immediately.

Juicing >>> Blending.. I used to blend all day but juicing is a lot better because it takes away the fiber, which makes it easier for people like us, who have been eating damaging foods all our lives, to digest the vitamins and minerals of fruit and vegetables more easily.

Also, you got to drink the juice right after you make it. The longer it sits out, the longer it gets oxidized..

LET'S GET THIS!

I already eat a lot of veggies and fruits. I don't think my body can handle any more fiber. Juicing takes care of this. The amount of veggies/fruits that I can consume using a juicer is incredible.

The guy in the video is so...full of life lol. One thing that wasn't clear was I thought I needed to cleanse my liver but he talks about kidneys? I'm kind of confused.

which juicer did you get? I always wanted one.

I just bought a $40 General Electric Juicer from Wal-mart.

It's not as good as the more expensive ones.. but it gets the job done.

Just wondering how much veggies do you end up buying when you drink juice everyday? I'm wondering if this would be expensive since you'd probably need such mass quantities. Fiber-less veggies sounds like a good option for me though.

Edited by CheyCheyenne

Honestly, this video clip changed my life. Someone posted in another thread I read... I bought a juicer immediately.

lol, I posted it. Yeah, he changed my life too, led me on the right path to clear skin. Remember not to waste the pulp though, I save it in plastic containers, keep it in the fridge then microwave it with fish for breakfast...

which juicer did you get? I always wanted one.

I just bought a $40 General Electric Juicer from Wal-mart.

It's not as good as the more expensive ones.. but it gets the job done.

i see. i searched for the best juicers around a couple of months ago and i believe Breville (#1 bestselling juicer in Amazon) is the best so far.

But for now what I really would like to have is a Tribest personal blender similar to the Magic Bullet infommercial product.

post-18492-1281123431_thumb.jpg

lol, I posted it. Yeah, he changed my life too, led me on the right path to clear skin. Remember not to waste the pulp though, I save it in plastic containers, keep it in the fridge then microwave it with fish for breakfast...

wouldn't microwaving destroy the nutrients.

wouldn't microwaving destroy the nutrients.

yeah, I often just eat it cold, but sometimes I want a warm breakfast and the trouble is you can't really steam pulp, and it comes out like water in my pressure cooker.

Sadly, I've gotten used to eating bland, cold foods because I'm not supposed to be microwaving anything. It probably does destroy the nutrients especially in something as fragile as veggies. I wish I had an alternative, easy way to avoid eating cold food. Warming things up in a pan would be a hassle but possibly worth it.

Sadly, I've gotten used to eating bland, cold foods because I'm not supposed to be microwaving anything. It probably does destroy the nutrients especially in something as fragile as veggies. I wish I had an alternative, easy way to avoid eating cold food. Warming things up in a pan would be a hassle but possibly worth it.

Hi, the mindset that I have on microwaving is that the nutrients removed from heating food, be it microwave or cooking, are the same. I eat vegetables for the carbs, probably some protein, and for the feeling of fullness.

Heating does not destroy the carbs unless you overdo it.

For the *nutrients* which are vitamins, and enzymes you get from raw veggies, I get them through supplementation, because if you think about it, it would be impractical for us to get enough nutrients through food alone in this day and age. For instance, you would have to ingest about 200 whole oranges to reach only 500mg of Vitamin C.

As for enzymes, eat raw papaya or pineapple bark (hard center of the pineapple). :)

I do want a juicer, but I have a blender and that's plenty good for me. Juicing would require me to buy way more fruits and veggies, which is more than I can afford right now - especially since I'm saving up for a trip to New Zealand.

Just a warning though - be sure to juice very minimal amounts of fruit. The fiber in the fruits help to reduce the absorption of the fructose. Without the fiber, you're getting nutrients, but you're also getting a ton of fructose which we all know isn't good for us in concentrated amounts like that.

It's definitely best to stick to the veggie juices.

Hi, the mindset that I have on microwaving is that the nutrients removed from heating food, be it microwave or cooking, are the same. I eat vegetables for the carbs, probably some protein, and for the feeling of fullness.

For the *nutrients* which are vitamins, and enzymes you get from raw veggies, I get them through supplementation, because if you think about it, it would be impractical for us to get enough nutrients through food alone in this day and age. For instance, you would have to ingest about 200 whole oranges to reach only 500mg of Vitamin C.

As for enzymes, eat raw papaya or pineapple bark (hard center of the pineapple). :)

I don't know...there's something about the radiation in microwaving that damages the food. Also, the radiation apparently causes candida to "mutate", which I have.

Plus weren't we talking about drinking the juice to get rid of the extra fiber and get a ton of nutrients why are we even eating the fiber then? I know we're talking about microwaving in general but getting back to that...

Anyway, I supplement a lot too. It's really necessary and I'm not really looking for hardly any vitamins out of my veggies because I can't really digest uncooked ones all that well. I'd never eat oranges for vitamin c haha. I supplement tons of it and could never get anywhere near that by eating.

My mom has the Jack Juicer (:

As seen on TV, haha. We don't juice everyday, that's expensive!

We can't afford to buy apples & oranges everyday now );

But, they always turn out good! Yuumm, I want some now. Lol

I looove fruits, but I don't care about diet..

I love avocado smoothies (:

Actually, things like broccoli and kale contain nutrients that are more easily absorbed if they are lightly cooked. I also don't think we need supplementation. It's not that difficult to get all of our vitamins and minerals from food. It's not impractical at all.

And I'm not really sure where you're getting the 200 oranges thing at all. An average sized orange contains roughly 60mg of vitamin C. Therefore, if you got all of your vitamin C through oranges, it'd only take about 8 and a half oranges to reach 500mg. Not 200. That, and several other food contain a ton of vitamin c. Red peppers have roughly around 90mg, guavas have about 165mg and so many other fruits and veggies contain vitamin c. Actually, the vast majority of them do. So, if you're eating a wide variety of fruits and veggies, you'll be getting your intake of it.

Actually, things like broccoli and kale contain nutrients that are more easily absorbed if they are lightly cooked. I also don't think we need supplementation. It's not that difficult to get all of our vitamins and minerals from food. It's not impractical at all.

And I'm not really sure where you're getting the 200 oranges thing at all. An average sized orange contains roughly 60mg of vitamin C. Therefore, if you got all of your vitamin C through oranges, it'd only take about 8 and a half oranges to reach 500mg. Not 200. That, and several other food contain a ton of vitamin c. Red peppers have roughly around 90mg, guavas have about 165mg and so many other fruits and veggies contain vitamin c. Actually, the vast majority of them do. So, if you're eating a wide variety of fruits and veggies, you'll be getting your intake of it.

Based on your data, I would have to eat 8 oranges a day to reach a very insignificant amount of Vitamin C (optimum dosage based on Dr. Linus Pauling's decades old research ~ 2000-15000mg/day).

8 oranges. That's a lot of sugar. And not too mention $$$$ darn expensive. This is quite impractical. They all add up. 8 oranges x 30 days. how much will you have racked up in a month's time? We're not well off. We do have a space in the backyard to plant an orange tree but with three people in the house, one fruit bearing orange tree would not suffice a week's time of consumption.

This is not to say avoid consuming oranges, but 8 oranges a day times 30 days times 12 is not practicable.

With broccoli, yes, I believe you are speaking about lycopene, the same compound in tomatoes.

My stance on this is that it is somehow archaic in this day and age not to supplement. For instance, the zinc content in foods are not bioavailable. If you want achievable results that have significant effects you desire, you would have to eat a ton of seafood to reach optimum levels. Moreover, it being a whole food, you are not able to isolate the vitamin you are trying to receive.

I think supplementation is not only healthy but also cost effective. We eat for health and satiety.

Edited by rentstuff

I don't know...there's something about the radiation in microwaving that damages the food. Also, the radiation apparently causes candida to "mutate", which I have.

I did research on this awhile back and the reality is, heating through fire / burner will have the same effect on the food. Could you kindly link me to the candida mutation you were speaking of? I am interested in reading that one. Thanks :chuck:

Based on your data, I would have to eat 8 oranges a day to reach a very insignificant amount of Vitamin C (optimum dosage based on Dr. Linus Pauling's decades old research ~ 2000-15000g/day).

8 oranges. That's a lot of sugar. And not too mention $$$$ darn expensive. This is quite impractical. They all add up. 8 oranges x 30 days. how much will you have racked up in a month's time? We're not well off. We do have a space in the backyard to plant an orange tree but with three people in the house, one fruit bearing orange tree would not suffice a week's time of consumption.

This is not to say avoid consuming oranges, but 8 oranges a day times 30 days times 12 is not practicable.

With broccoli, yes, I believe you are speaking about lycopene, the same compound in tomatoes.

My stance on this is that it is somehow archaic in this day and age not to supplement. For instance, the zinc content in foods are not bioavailable. If you want achievable results that have significant effects you desire, you would have to eat a ton of seafood to reach optimum levels. Moreover, it being a whole food, you are not able to isolate the vitamin you are trying to receive.

I think supplementation is not only healthy but also cost effective. We eat for health and satiety.

How much vitamin c we should consume is subjective. I've heard 60, 100, 500 and 1000 but never 2000. And you wouldn't have to consume 30 oranges a day. Like I said, if you're eating a rich diet with lots of fruits and veggies, you should reach those levels easily because of it's presence in just about all plant based foods - including vegetables in which you would not be consuming such high amounts of sugar. Vitamin C is probably one of the easiest vitamins to eat enough of. You wouldn't need to consume a single orange to get your daily intake of vitamin c if you're eating well enough. Chances are, if you're consuming 2,000 to 15,000mg of vitamin c everyday, you're probably expelling a great deal of it because it goes unused in the given day.

Nobody needs mega doses of any vitamin and that's basically what supplements do. If you're eating right, supplementation is unnecessary.

I did research on this awhile back and the reality is, heating through fire / burner will have the same effect on the food. Could you kindly link me to the candida mutation you were speaking of? I am interested in reading that one. Thanks :chuck:

Ehh you seem like a pretty smart guy. I'd like to see you prove me wrong as I really get annoyed by some of the theories Bee Wilder makes about candida but follow the reguardless. Following everything she says though is nearly impossible. The extremes she tells people to go to are slightly ridiculous so I'd like so see what you have to say about it. I hope I can post links here.

http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/articles/cook4.php

http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/articles/cook5.php

Here's the area where generally most of these articles are:

http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/recipes/index.php

Ehh you seem like a pretty smart guy. I'd like to see you prove me wrong as I really get annoyed by some of the theories Bee Wilder makes about candida but follow the reguardless. Following everything she says though is nearly impossible. The extremes she tells people to go to are slightly ridiculous so I'd like so see what you have to say about it. I hope I can post links here.

http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/articles/cook4.php

http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/articles/cook5.php

Here's the area where generally most of these articles are:

http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/recipes/index.php

I, too, used to avoid microwaving foods a long time ago and succumbed to the whole idea of radiation is bad.

I found a study on pubmed a long time ago that it is no different from heating by fire.

But, hey yeah I'm a med student but let's not get into that issue lol :chuck: I don't want to sound like a know it all and shit. I'm just really a health FREAK and passionate about it :P

So I did skim and scan the articles and I did not see (so far) any clinical trials that speak about mutation, only words from the author without proper footnoting. She did say something true though that HDL is decreased and or may go rancid - which is true for conventional heating as well, so there's no mutation right there.

But I will review them again in full later to be certain :dan::wavey:

Chances are, if you're consuming 2,000 to 15,000mg of vitamin c everyday, you're probably expelling a great deal of it because it goes unused in the given day.

Hi, the half life of a 500-1000mg C is roughly 30-60 minutes. To avoid excretion you would have to take them by the hour. They will not go to waste. At any given day, goats synthesize 15000g of C, and more during times of distress or sudden illness. Humans have lost the ability to produce Vitamin C. And I would disagree on your statement that nobody needs large doses of C, although if you are suggesting 1 orange a day since 8 would be too expensive, it still would not be adequate enough to reach a meager 500mg.