Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hotglue01

Weird white things on chest?

Hey all,

So I have these weird white bumps on my chest. I wouldn't call them blackheads, and I think that there is something tagged about this being folliculitis or something at the top. I think that makes sense, because it doesn't really look like acne.

Anyway, I picked one (and I've picked them in the past, like an IDIOT) and what happens is that the entire pore gets really big, red and swollen. Sometimes a white head will come to the top, and the whole pustule stays swollen for a week before going down. THEN, it leaves a NICE ol' red mark that takes MONTHS to go away. I am a real moron for fucking with this thing...

But anyway, anyone else know what I'm talking about with this?

It does sound like fungal folliculitis to me. The combination of an AHA and an antifungal like ketoconazole (head and shoulders) should help. Check the pinned post for more info... I know a lot of people have had success with a simple, cheap 1:1 solution of propylene glycol and water.

Thanks, greentiger. The bumps are hardly noticeable at all, and other than a few stray marks of PIH on my chest it is entirely clear. The bumps seem to get worse when I sweat, or when it's really hot... they are very small, though.

I have been using AHA on my chest for 12 weeks and haven't had any naturally-occurring bumps there, i.e. I've PICKED at stuff and caused a zit but never had a zit come up on its own. So thanks again for the AHA tip; it DOES work.