Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mdr8

Help figuring out my hair loss

So I've noticed my hair has been thinning a lot lately. It is much easier for me to see through my hair and see my scalp when I move my hair around much. I've been confused because my hair doesn't rip out easily, nor do i notice myself shedding tons of hairs. There are also no actual completely bald spots. What I have noticed, is that all my individual hairs themselves are MUCH thinner than they used to be. When I look at one of my hairs, I can barely see them.... Does anyone know what type of hair loss/condition this might be? Once again, I'm not losing huge amounts of hairs in the shower, when I run my hands through my hair etc. I really think my scalp is just easier to see and my hair is thinner due to the weaker/thinner hairs that have grown in. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It's like telogen effluvium, which is a temporary condition that lasts 6 months to a year. However, if you have a genetic predisposition to balding (ex. if your father/mother has androgentic alopecia), then it'll likely speed up the process.

It's like telogen effluvium, which is a temporary condition that lasts 6 months to a year. However, if you have a genetic predisposition to balding (ex. if your father/mother has androgentic alopecia), then it'll likely speed up the process.

I have no genetic predisposition through my mom or dad. Neither of them have hair loss, nor did their fathers. My sister does have alopecia though, oddly enough.