Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
~TEPL0~

Stop hating yourself!! You're hot!!

I'm new to this board, but I've been reading a lot of posts lately of people who talk about how crappy they feel about themselves. I often feel that way too, but I found a way of dealing with it.

You need to find a way of dealing with it. Live today!! You're only alive once!! Love yourself!! You can't get anywhere in life if you don't love yourself first!!

Once I was feeling like crap, and my mom gave me some good advice. I told her how insecure I felt about being short and having acne. She told me she always felt like crap also, until she realized one simple thing: God wouldn't have put you on this earth if he didn't think you were beautiful. You have a right to be here, and to be happy! (Neither me or my mom are religious by the way)

I feel entitled to this life, and to be happy. Yes I'm short, and I have red shit all over my face, but that's only a small part of who I am.

No one has ever told me to my face that they are rejecting me because I have acne or I was short! If they ever did, I would just find me a new friend.

Don't try to be friends with assholes! Find people who like you for who you are. They're not going to be the "perfect" people in society, but they will be educated and intelligent.

I'm smart, educated, talented and rich, and I also have some red crap all over my skin, and I'm short. Neither of those 2 things are my fault, so I don't care about them. If you don't accept me just because of my acne or my height, too fuckin bad; it's your loss.

Normal people (not the "perfect" people) realize that acne is not your fault, so go out and live a little. The world is a beautiful place.

I went through some bad times with my acne, but my friends never said anything. They don't care. When it comes down to it, people only care about themselves. They couldn't care less that you have some stuff on your skin.

I've seen some really fat ugly people get great jobs, hot girlfriends/boyfriends, and they did this because they think of themselves as beautiful. Figure out a way to convince yourself that you're beautiful, because again, if you weren't perfect, you wouldn't have been born. Is there such thing as an ugly tree or ugly flower? Everything in nature is perfect.

If you live in the US and you have enough money for food, you're rich comparing to most people in the world. It's not important how much money you or I have, it's the confident attitude that makes one enjoy life.

I went through some bad times with my acne, but my friends never said anything. They don't care. When it comes down to it, people only care about themselves. They couldn't care less that you have some stuff on your skin.

I have a fantastic boyfriend, yeah it's one of those "we're the love of eachother's lives" deals rolleyes.gif and neither of us were looking for someone, I definitely wasn't since I was not ready at all emotionally and honestly i did not think anyone could possibly fall in love with me now etc! Of course at least I had the wits about me not to run away from it.

But, I'm afraid to just spill it that my skin bothers me a lot...I was ill years ago and it affected my teeth too, although to the casual observer they look great but one of 'em is constantly in pain and has to be worked on over and over again, it's a freakin' nightmare, and i told him about how it bothers me whatever and I've generally said that I was unhappy about how being sick had made my appearance worse (it was only at that time that i got the acne that left some fairly obvious scars). He of course tells me I'm beautiful, etc....

But mischief, how did you tell your b-friend about your stress over your skin. i feel so silly not being specific with my boyfriend. i kind of worry that he'll say "yeah it is bad" but I feel like if he knows, I won't have to hide a few days of downtime here and there to do TCA or whatever...It really is making me sick with stress because I don't want my depression over this to ruin our relationship>

Well, everyone,

I used to agree that people won't focus on our flaws and red marks on our skin until something happened to me today !!!!!!

I have been positive and kinda confident with myself over the past few weeks. That's because my pimples are clearing up real well.. Thank God..However, you know, those red marks are still in fact quite visible but I didn't think it was that bad. I don't even find it necessary to makeup. In short, I like the way I am now, it's way much better than 4 months ago.

So,today I was at the stadium on a SUNNY day. I was going to meet my step mum(it's been 1 year since I met her) She was waiting for me on the 2nd floor. When I saw her, I waved at her and looked up to her. BIGGEST MISTAKE OF ALL!!!! After a few seconds, her 1st response was, " Why do you have SO MANY PIMPLES now? Ohh, you don't take care of your face anymore." There were a lot of people who heard what she said. I've never been so embarrassed before.

I was like WTF??? I just can't believe she just did that. The worse thing is that, just when I was feeling a bit confident to stay out in the sun with my red marks, she just put me down like shit. I didn't even had any pimples anymore, just SMALL red marks.. She emphasized it as SO MANY PIMPLES... F***!!!!

She has experienced acne before but she chose not to emphatize with me. Just because her acne has cleared up and has covered her face with tons of makeup, she thinks she has the right to treat me like that. I could makeup and have flawless skin with no more red marks now(not bragging here), but I chose not to.. So why the f*** do people care so much whether I have red marks or whatever??? I just have to vent out this anger..sorry

I've seen some really fat ugly people get great jobs, hot girlfriends/boyfriends, and they did this because they think of themselves as beautiful. Figure out a way to convince yourself that you're beautiful, because again, if you weren't perfect, you wouldn't have been born. Is there such thing as an ugly tree or ugly flower? Everything in nature is perfect.

{[And Carebear, if my step mother would have said that to me, I would have looked at her and told her that she could spend time with me when she learned to have more respect for me and my feelings, then walked out. You don't deserve that!!!! She should have known better especially if she had went through the same thing. I don't care who they are people should have the decency to not say things like that.]}

Thanks Ann_a_bell, but I didn't do like what you would have done. I gave a weak and disappointed smile at her. I just have this feeling that when someday I have very clear skin, I will make everyone else who are mean to me taste their own medicine. As the saying goes, " Every dog has its day" We acne sufferers, just have to have a lot of patience.