Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

When you want to stop treating your skin for a while (with ahas/ other acids, microdermabrasion kits etc), how long would that be? I has been about two months since I started treating my face and now that I have reached very pleasant/satisfying results for me, I think to do so for a week/ten days. What do you usually do?

The body can naturally heal itself. Sometimes its good to give your body a rest and let nature do its thing.

Any suggestions in days? At the moment, my face, at the places where I've been treating it, is slightly pink in colour.

I think the time depends on the condition of your skin and how well it heals usually.

I have found that if I need to 'detox' my skin from products for a few days, it is great to clean my face with unscented baby wipes.

I read that on a dermatology web site once, and it totally works for me.

It is more mild than anything else and seems to get the dirt and makeup off.

They usually have a tiny bit of Aloe and/or Vit E in them too, so they don't really dry out your skin either.

I also really like Cetaphil cleanser Normal to Oily, it is very mild.

I would give my skin at least a week of natural healing time, just a few days of baby wipes at the beginning of the week.