Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I don't get how we're supposed to be able to cover our entire face, even in a thin layer, with only a pea-sized amount of retin-a micro. I can only apply 1/3 of my face, and thats with a very thin layer. Typically I used 3-4 pea-sized amounts. Is this too much? I feel like I can't spread it around everywhere with only a pea-size.

I tried using only a pea-sized amount for a few days, but I wasn't able to cover it over all my acne and I got more breakouts than using my typical amount

Edited by SoulReaver

Honestly, there are about 50 threads on this exact topic. And I think almost all of them have the same title. Do a search of the boards to find out what other people suggest.

There should be instructions included with your tretinoin on how to use the cream/gel. Mine tells me to dab some on my forehead, cheeks, nose, and chin, and then spread it around evenly. You will get the hang of it better if you do it this way.

Holy shit, that is way too much. Seriously. If it takes time to practice using a pea sized amount, do that. I think the dabbing on different areas is a good idea. But you really have to take this seriously and follow the instructions if you want it to work. Do you eat small peas? Haha it's a large-pea sized amount. I would suggest you try it again. Using 3 or 4 is overkill.