Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ThatAnnaGirl

How to combat redness from BP/Moisturizer?

I've been on the regimen, following it religiously, for almost two months now. I can live with the slight sting of the moisturizer, and the dryness of the BP, but I am so tired of having a red face! Makeup doesn't go well on dry and flaky skin. Advice? (I'm waiting before I try AHA+, unless you think that will help!)

The redness is normally from exsisting red marks from old acne. B.P can make this appear worse than it is. There isn't much you can do as the red marks from old acne can take upto about 6 months to go away.

If you are still flaking then a change of moisteriser would be recommened. The DKR moisteriser does not do the job for me so i simply changed it.

The redness is normally from exsisting red marks from old acne. B.P can make this appear worse than it is. There isn't much you can do as the red marks from old acne can take upto about 6 months to go away.

If you are still flaking then a change of moisteriser would be recommened. The DKR moisteriser does not do the job for me so i simply changed it.

Thanks for the moisturizer tip. I don't think the redness is from previous acne, as it is my ENTIRE face, not spotty...

Hey there,

I totally know what you mean, and no, it's not PIH; it's like a permanent sunburn, right? Haha, man... is it also mainly localized around your mouth/chin?

You've only been on the Regimen for 6 weeks or so (right?) and that's actually not that long at all. I have been on it myself for close to 3 months and only RECENTLY is my redness going away for good; even then, my chin and mouth area is still a little more pink than the rest of my face, but at least it doesn't have any zits, right? Lots of members have said that their dryness and redness didn't fully subside until month 5 or 6, so that is also something to consider.

But anyway--

AHA helped me with my redness and flakes. I won't necessarily say that I have completely moisturized skin, because sometimes it just gets inexplicably dry (but not flakey). When THAT happens I strongly reccomend going to a sauna. Saunas, in my experience, have also helped with redness and evening out my skin tone.

But generally, what is happening to you is normal so just wait it out. It will eventually tone down, but in the meantime add in AHA and change your moisturizer to Cetaphil. That has worked quite well for me. Also also, do you have jojoba oil? That's also helped me a lot!

Good luck!

Hey there,

I totally know what you mean, and no, it's not PIH; it's like a permanent sunburn, right? Haha, man... is it also mainly localized around your mouth/chin?

You've only been on the Regimen for 6 weeks or so (right?) and that's actually not that long at all. I have been on it myself for close to 3 months and only RECENTLY is my redness going away for good; even then, my chin and mouth area is still a little more pink than the rest of my face, but at least it doesn't have any zits, right? Lots of members have said that their dryness and redness didn't fully subside until month 5 or 6, so that is also something to consider.

But anyway--

AHA helped me with my redness and flakes. I won't necessarily say that I have completely moisturized skin, because sometimes it just gets inexplicably dry (but not flakey). When THAT happens I strongly reccomend going to a sauna. Saunas, in my experience, have also helped with redness and evening out my skin tone.

But generally, what is happening to you is normal so just wait it out. It will eventually tone down, but in the meantime add in AHA and change your moisturizer to Cetaphil. That has worked quite well for me. Also also, do you have jojoba oil? That's also helped me a lot!

Good luck!

Yes! It's the brightest (think lobster red) around my mouth and temples. Thanks for the encouragement, I'll try and keep on keeping on. Might change my moisturizer, too, as my skin turns bright red after moisturize. Anyway, if anyone else has any tips/ideas, I'd love to hear them also.

im into week 2 off the regimen, and ive been using the cetaphil lotion.. and just after i moisterize seems to be the time that i turn super red aswell. so im not sure if its really the moisterizer.. but the moisterizing part that seems to turn us red in reaction with the bp?

haha people have been asking me if ive been getting a lot of sun lately!

im eager to try some of the jojoba oil maybe tho, i believe im not far enough into the regimen to use the AHA tho.

jojoba oil can be bought in drugs stores aswell am i correct?

Thanks for the moisturizer tip. I don't think the redness is from previous acne, as it is my ENTIRE face, not spotty...

Seeing that you are clear you might be able to get away with using less B.P. I don't use anywhere near the amount i used to. I would use tw full fingers of b.p and my face would be red. I only use half a finger now and i don't really get any redness.

Just experiment with it but i would say you could probably decrease the amount u use because u are clear. If spots start coming back then just increase the dosage again.

I'm adamant Using Cetaphil moisturizer used to make me redder. I now use effaclar M and my skin seems to be a lot calmer.

I'm adamant Using Cetaphil moisturizer used to make me redder. I now use effaclar M and my skin seems to be a lot calmer.

Interestingly enough, I started using St. Ives Intensive Healing lotion, and it moisturizes sensitively and fades my red marks (from previous acne) like nobody's business! And it hasn't broken me out! :dance:

Find your way, it depends on your acne. You don't have to bath on BP, you can replace it with Tea tree Oil (just a little) mixed with some moisturizer. Research, learn what you are putting in your face and find the best solution, for you. All this, require time. Good luck.

And remember, there are parts of your face that will never have acne. So focus on the difficult areas.

just stick with the regimen. im on month 7 now and I had 1 tiny pimple that lasted one day a few weeks ago and thats it. no more breakouts

My redness lasted till month 3 but since then its completely gone.

Also I only use bp two pumps at night and aha+jojoba oil in morning.... started it at month 5......, and it hasnt done anything but improved my skin. I started to use aha on my back, chest a few months ago and am 98% clear there too.

Patience, it takes time, grasshopper........

just stick with the regimen. im on month 7 now and I had 1 tiny pimple that lasted one day a few weeks ago and thats it. no more breakouts

Also I only use bp two pumps at night and aha+jojoba oil in morning.... started it at month 5......, and it hasnt done anything but improved my skin. I started to use aha on my back, chest a few months ago and am 98% clear there too.

I've heard quite a few people say it took months for the redness to go away... guess I'll just have to wait it out. LMAO at "grasshopper". xD

hi

just thought I'd ask.. i'm actually on my 6th month now using acne.org's products... I have AHA but I only use for spot treatment... I don't break out like crazy.... maybe a tiny one once in a while...

how do you use your AHA+? do you use it as an alternative for moisturizer? What does it do to your skin?

hope to hear from you soon.

cheers!

N