Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ckou

Post Accutane and KP

After Accutane, did anyone start growing these little bumps (Keratosis Pilaris) on the back of their arms? I been browsing the forums here and other forums as well, and it seems like people been getting KP after Accutane. I already had a mild case of KP before Accutane, and during the 4-5 months of post Accutane , the KP had disappeared. However, now my KP has flared up and is much worse than before. My derm. prescribed my Differin .1 and I used that for a month and last week she gave me Differin .3 to use. My derm. told me that if there is no improvement within the next month, I will be put on a low dose of Accutane. Has anyone took a second course of Accutane to fix their Accutane induced KP? And did the second course clear your skin or did it make it even worse?

I didn't know this had a name! I have had two treatments of Accutane. I did not have KP until after the second treatment, and I never made the connection. I always thought it was from lifting/working out.

It only appeared after tane. And my facial acne is only mild on my face now. it has been about a year and a half now since my last treatment ended.

As for me, I don't worry or fret over my KP; Most guys my age (18) have it.

Hmm interesting, so after having two courses of Accutane, how long did your face stay clear for after the second treatment? I used to not care about my KP, it was whatever but it is now a very severe case. And spreading too, which totally sucks.

Hmm interesting, so after having two courses of Accutane, how long did your face stay clear for after the second treatment? I used to not care about my KP, it was whatever but it is now a very severe case. And spreading too, which totally sucks.

It stayed completely clear for about four months. Then my face remained with mild acne after that.