Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vbmaniac

new to the site, MUST STOP TOUCHING!

I recently joined and am in need of some sort of support group in the fight to stop touching my face. We all get the urge to pop the pimple, with the thought that for some reason, upon popping, your skin will be beautiful and glowing. Unfortunately, this is never the case. Why can't we get that? Why do we fall into this horrific habit? It is the most frustrating thing in the world.

I've realized that I hate mirrors! I absolutely hate looking at my skin....not because it looks bad though. Surprisingly, I have not the worst skin in the world. I hate it because there is always a zit asking to be popped. I stand there, lean towards the mirror slowly, feel my lower back muscles contract, and my hands move toward my face. In this motion, I realized what I'm doing, but can't fight the urge. UGH!

Anyways, like a recovering alcoholic, I will begin counting days. Tomorrow marks 1. Who's with me?

Welcome! Congratulations for deciding to end your picking. I am currently on day 16 of no picking after 7 years of picking all the time--If I can do it, you can too!

also, have you ever been to stoppickingonme.com? It is a great website to read to help yourself end this addiction. Stay strong! you can do it!

I recently joined and am in need of some sort of support group in the fight to stop touching my face. We all get the urge to pop the pimple, with the thought that for some reason, upon popping, your skin will be beautiful and glowing. Unfortunately, this is never the case. Why can't we get that? Why do we fall into this horrific habit? It is the most frustrating thing in the world.

I've realized that I hate mirrors! I absolutely hate looking at my skin....not because it looks bad though. Surprisingly, I have not the worst skin in the world. I hate it because there is always a zit asking to be popped. I stand there, lean towards the mirror slowly, feel my lower back muscles contract, and my hands move toward my face. In this motion, I realized what I'm doing, but can't fight the urge. UGH!

Anyways, like a recovering alcoholic, I will begin counting days. Tomorrow marks 1. Who's with me?

i feel the exact same way. its just so hard!! i picked today, so i guess tomorrow will be the start of my (hopefully) no picking! ill be recording my progress on here so i think that will help me alot. anyways, good luck to you on quitting picking:)

yes, I even consider touching to be a form of picking. I feel like I'm turning into a germaphobe because I don't want anything touching my face except for my soap, toner, and moisturizer.....but I'm ok with that.

Today went well, day 1 almost complete. I hardly touched my face! YAY! Keep it up everyone. Together we can fight this!

I also used to touch my skin a lot when I was younger. My dermatologist explained to me how touching your face constantly is bad because:

1. Your hands carry microbes and dirty to your skin, which will make your acne and scars worse.

2. When you touch your face a lot, it makes it more oily.

So, I basically got traumatized and stopped touching my face. Good luck :D