Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I went on Accutane my Freshman/Sophomore years of High School and now I am a Junior in college. Accutane gave me a few scars - something I have relentlessly have tried to deal with much like most on here - and still had mild red marks where my scars are. I have noticed that the overall redness has diminished over the last few years - but still remains. I am wondering if there are any good creams that can be used to rush the process and also any vitamins that would also supplement the effects of the creams. I would be content with myself if I could get the redness to subside because my scars are shallow and can usually only be seen in the worst settings of light and this could also be due to the fact they are still minutely red. Any advice on products/vitamins would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. (Yes, I have red the mass thread at the top with assorted suggestions on creams but any personal experience with them and benefits would help.)

Hey mate let me help you out. I hope you don't completely abandon this topic so you can find my reply.

It's unusual for any sort of vitamin regimen to help fade the general redness/red marks from Accutane users. What most people find is that time is really the best thing. That being said, and seeing as you've waited quite a while (though is sounds like your redness has diminished somewhat), I can recommend a few things:

First off, I wanna encourage you to look up any of the methods that I recommend. Too many people try something without doing any research and screw up their skin (or sometimes their body).

Anyways, here's what I would recommend:

Topical Vitamin K Cream (Vita K)- A lot of people swear by Vitamin K. It's hard to tell whether your problem is "general" redness or hyperpigmentation. Vitamin K can be used for both, but I would recommend it more for the general redness.

Vitamin E Cream- This I am hesitant to recommend. A lot of people love using this and claim that it really helps with their redness. Out of the accounts I've read, it seems that it should be used mainly for hyperpigmentation though. Also, Vitamin E breaks out a lot of people, so I would be careful if you want to try it.

I can recommend many more, but I will wait for your reply. I need to know whether you have a "general" redness or specific hyperpigmentation marks from acne. I'm guessing the first though. Vitamin K should help. Look up Vita K For Blotchy Skin

Also, Vitamin C (pill form) has been known to "lighten redness" if taken over a long time. I've seen a few accounts of this, but more that are disappointed with the lack of results.

And by the way, do you play soccer? Cause I LOVE soccer and I'm going to play in college.

Hey mate let me help you out. I hope you don't completely abandon this topic so you can find my reply.

It's unusual for any sort of vitamin regimen to help fade the general redness/red marks from Accutane users. What most people find is that time is really the best thing. That being said, and seeing as you've waited quite a while (though is sounds like your redness has diminished somewhat), I can recommend a few things:

First off, I wanna encourage you to look up any of the methods that I recommend. Too many people try something without doing any research and screw up their skin (or sometimes their body).

Anyways, here's what I would recommend:

Topical Vitamin K Cream (Vita K)- A lot of people swear by Vitamin K. It's hard to tell whether your problem is "general" redness or hyperpigmentation. Vitamin K can be used for both, but I would recommend it more for the general redness.

Vitamin E Cream- This I am hesitant to recommend. A lot of people love using this and claim that it really helps with their redness. Out of the accounts I've read, it seems that it should be used mainly for hyperpigmentation though. Also, Vitamin E breaks out a lot of people, so I would be careful if you want to try it.

I can recommend many more, but I will wait for your reply. I need to know whether you have a "general" redness or specific hyperpigmentation marks from acne. I'm guessing the first though. Vitamin K should help. Look up Vita K For Blotchy Skin

Also, Vitamin C (pill form) has been known to "lighten redness" if taken over a long time. I've seen a few accounts of this, but more that are disappointed with the lack of results.

And by the way, do you play soccer? Cause I LOVE soccer and I'm going to play in college.

Thanks, I really appreciate it. Anything is useful and I didn't abandon it just yet... And I had no intention of just going on the fly with anyone recommendations. I will definitely do some research on any suggestions.

Haha, I did in High School. I never really took it further than that. The college I go to has a pretty legit squad - but it is only Division 3.

Edited by Dansoccer